PDA

View Full Version : My speakers Hiss

Issac
12-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi i just got the Megaworks THX 2.1 250D Multimedia speaker system and my 2 desktop speakers Hiss constantly even if they are on mute . I tryed a test and unhooked them from my computer and they still hiss which leads me to belive it is in the power system .. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this annoying problem if so please respond Thank You

ymayen
12-28-2004, 02:18 AM
I want you to know that I have had the same persistent problem with my speakers. I returned the first set when the hiss did not go away, and I am frustrated to say that the second brand-new replacement set does the same thing. I plugged in the sattelites to a stereo system and they were clean. I plugged the entire system into my laptop and the hiss remained. I personally thought it had someting to do with the remote, because only when the remote was hooked up did the speakers hiss. When I had just the speakers hooked up to a stereo, no hiss. I am calling Creative today to try and get to the bottom of this. It is very frustrating. Let me know if you find anything

santadog
12-29-2004, 05:07 PM
i also have the exact same problem. it's really annoying.

anyone from creative here that can tell us why they are hissing like that?

Catherina-CL
12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
How loud is the hiss? Have you tried the set in another room to rule out a problem with the power the set is receiving, or other equipment causing electrical interference?

Cat

santadog
12-29-2004, 08:54 PM
i have tried it all, and i have read several other threads with ppl that have the same problem with the 250D, and numerous other that have hissing problems with the 5.1 and 7.1 systems as well. and from what i have read there ppl have tried all possibles things and nothing works. ppl have even returned their speakers and got new ones with the exact same problem.
so this must simply be a manufacturing problem with the amplifiers, and you ppl at creative should have gotten that info by now, cause there is no other explanation.
one cant help wondering how many ppl have this problem. by the number of ppl just writing in these forums the real number must be very high. cause most ppl dont want to go trough all the mess of returning products. and that dosent even help i understand, by reading about others experiences.

so what am i to do now?...i had a couple of Digital 2.1 before that worked without any problem...so now that i have paid more money to get a better sound system...i want a better sound system. the signal to noise ratio is set to 99db, as it is with this amplifier problem it is more like 0-20db...wich is unacceptable.
so should i return them and get new ones?...and what if the new ones have the same problem?

i would like some answers. not tips to try things that everyone already has tried.
it would be nice if someone acknowledge that there is indeed a manufacturing problem.
answers please.

ymayen
12-30-2004, 08:57 AM
When there is nothing on except the refrigerator, the hiss is significantly noticeable. Loud enough that I cannot read at the desk with the speaker power on. I have tried the following:

I plugged the entire system in another part of the room where there were no other electical devices, save a lamp. With no inputs, the system still made the same sound. Even on mute.

A set of speakers this expensi've shouldn't make noise. I was very dissapointed. The hiss remains at a constant level, despite increases in volume. I could hide the hiss if I blasted the system. Unfortunately, my neigbors do not approve.

After talking with the RMA department, I am settling for a less sophisticated set of replacement speakers, I-Trigue L3500. This is less than desirable, but I am afraid it was my quickest remedy.

This is my first Creative product and, despite nice customer service, it will be very hard to forget this hassle.

RLemmon
12-30-2004, 01:15 PM
HEy budd I hear you are getting this hissing may I ask you what speaker system you have and sound card as well and are you using newer version drivers too? let me know the both of you guys and I can see what I can do ;)

santadog
12-30-2004, 11:19 PM
RLemmon: i guess were all talking about the 250D here.
and what i have for soundcard doesent really matter...cause the hissing is always constant. no matter if i have it connected to a soundcard or not.
i have mailed the company i bought it from now, and i will replace it with the closest system i could find. a logitech z-2300.

RLemmon
12-31-2004, 06:08 AM
santadog wrote:RLemmon: i guess were all talking about the 250D here. and what i have for soundcard doesent really matter...cause the hissing is always constant. no matter if i have it connected to a soundcard or not. i have mailed the company i bought it from now, and i will replace it with the closest system i could find. a logitech z-2300.

hey budd I thank you for the better clarifing answer to my responce ;) I now see what you are talking about and yes that would be in the speakers system and am glad you decided to get the closest set to take it's place. I hope theese do much better for you and I wish ya the best of luck with them :)

Trepdogg
01-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Well I would like to say that I have had the same problem for weeks now. I have Audigy 2 sound card, and the inspire 6.1 6600. I have done all the above in self tests. Everything passes, according to the computer. This problem started happening about 2 months ago, and I thought it was a bad remote, so I ordered a new one, after being on Tech support for a week or two. Now the problem is happening again, I think the reason it stopped was because I wasn't using them while I waited for shipping on a new remote.

Like I said and they did also, this is a fairly expensive set of speakers to be doing this. The problem is spratic hissing and constant static. I would appreciate some advice on my current options, for what I can do. Please responed Thanks.

RLemmon
01-03-2005, 11:21 AM
hey budd have you tryed updating drivers then check your connections on the back then check to see if your speakers may be picking up some kind of electrical interferance of some type and check to see if you midi is muted to see if that could be it and try the apeakers on another device and if it still does it then it's the speakers but if not then it could be that your sound card is bad ;)

hope this helps Good Luck!

Trepdogg
01-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Okay I did all the quest you asked; I am sure I have done them before, but now it's for sure. I first installed all required drivers, after that I tried the speakers on another computer, and lastly on other equipment. As I was checking connections I was hearing the hissing while the speakers were not plugged into the cpu, and they were not touching anything. It must be the speakers right?
So from here what is the best recommendation steps I should take? Would it be best to send them in and pay shipping + fixing costs, or just get another system? I would rather not do either, but must do something. Thanks for the help.

RLemmon
01-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Yes you taken the proper troubbleshooting steps so now you must decide and the only thing that I can help you with is the decesion, If you like the speaker system you have and enjoy it then send it in for repair and pay shipping cost or you could just not worry about shipping and just pay for a newer better set like the GigaWorks S750 or below but that's up to you since it's your money hehe I just hope you get ehat you decide is the right answer ;)

Good Luck!

ymayen
01-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I have been patient in the process of returning my malfunctioning set of Megaworks 250D 2.1 speakers, and was happy with the quick turnaround of Creative in issuing a replacement set. After the brand-new replacement set exhibited the same persistent hissing problem, I sent it back with the stipulation that I wanted a different model, not wanting to risk a third try on a poor performing set. I requested the I-Trigue L3500 2.1 set, which is a noticeable downgrade from my original purchase. Four days later I signed on to Creative.com to check the status of my RMA and was hapy to see it listed the replacement set as being in transit. I was unhappy that it was the wrong set; the I-Trigue L2200 a 2.0 system that costs a fraction of the price of my original 250D 2.1 THX certified system.

This was the first time I purchased a Creative product and I have both enjoyed and been frustrated by the customer service and RMA department. They were very nice and had quick turnarounds except they sent me a defective set of speakers and then the complete wrong set. All-in-all I have paid shipping costs twice for a large speaker system and have been without my computer speakers for almost three weeks. I expected more from Creative. I hope the L3500s are satisfactory, whenever I finally receive them. In the future I may have to wait, save some more money, and buy a guaranteed first-quality system like the Bose Companion 3 speaker set.

RLemmon
01-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi there budd I am sorry to hear that your creative system was defective twice in a row and sory to hear about the shipping problems but Creative trys there best like you noticed with the fast turnarounds and I am shure the ones you are waiting on now will work just fine for you.

I wqould like to hear from you on the new system when you receive it and let us know how you like them?

Please be patient though with creatives systems I don't know if you tryed both speakers on diffrent devices or not? and if you have and still received the hissing noise I am sorry for bringing this up again hehe...

I hope you enoj the customer support and please again try to stay with creative ;) I have been with this comapny for awhile now and never received a defective product and always loved there support but then again this is me I would had expected the 2nd pair of speakers to work with out the hissing you knoticed but I guess there are a lot of bad batches going around ;).

Always Good Luck!

MarkoX
01-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Dont buy creative speakers because they suck

low price amplifier start giving hiss after some time... I have DTT2200 and they have awful hiss!!!

for that price speaker systems could have auto power off ?
Message Edited by MarkoX on 01-07-2005 03:58 AM

mesman21
01-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Yea, I have the same speakers set aswell, and they hiss all the time. Cant someone from the company help us out here, these are expensi've speakers and they hiss, which is unacceptable. It isnt the speakers either, its the amplifier. I am willing to take this thing apart to fix it, I just want to know what to do. Please help us out!

Issac
01-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi its me again Yes i have tryed hooking them up to a new system and unhooking every electronical devise in the house . I even went as far as turning off all the breakers exept the one requred for my system but to no avail i still have the snake in the box . My next question would be for a admin or "trusted contributor" . I bought these speakers as part of a pakage deal that came with my Alienware System , now do i have to send these speakers to Alienware and let them deal with your company or can i go directly to Creative to save time and possably some hastle ?

Thanks again for all of those that responded to this thread
Issac

RLemmon
01-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Issac wrote:
Hi its me again Yes i have tryed hooking them up to a new system and unhooking every electronical devise in the house . I even went as far as turning off all the breakers exept the one requred for my system but to no avail i still have the snake in the box . My next question would be for a admin or "trusted contributor" . I bought these speakers as part of a pakage deal that came with my Alienware System , now do i have to send these speakers to Alienware and let them deal with your company or can i go directly to Creative to save time and possably some hastle ?

Thanks again for all of those that responded to this thread
Issac

Issac,

you will want to contact Creative by e-mail please and let them know your situation and that you bought the alienware and the speakers came as a package and let creative know that your having problems with the hissing in the speaker(s) and ask them (Creative) for an RMA number and if you need to fax or send them any more information from alienware because you may need to make a copy of the receipt from alienware.

I am sorry you are having these hiss problems in your speakers and hope this information will be of some better help to you and if you need to contact me for anything else just post away ;)

max1215
01-11-2005, 03:04 PM
hey there people, i just bought a 5.1 system and i got the same thing, so i went to the microphone setting and lowered it..............is this what your talking about? or is it a LOUD!!!! hiss??

faytefire
01-12-2005, 05:05 AM
I have a brand new Inspire T3000 system, excited that I would no longer have to deal with the hissing of my previous speakers that came with my dell computer. I sat down this morning and played music, and under 5 mins, the Inspires starting hissing! I am EXTEREMLY dissapointed. My brother has a creative product- one of the systems with the surround sound- and he has no problem. There is no interference from them because that set is currently unplugged. I spent a good amount of money for these speakers, and before I send them back, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion. thanks!

MarkoX
01-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Give them back and buy receiver (old 5x50W is enough) and speakers separately

Dark
01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
I have the same problem sometimes it happens! And today, My microphone is messing up. Theres a lot of clicking, popping and TONS OF hissing from it.

bb_kash
05-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Try muting the Line-In

chapster
01-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Right - i have recently noticed my speakers were starting to hiss, and at times it was quite loud and of course very annoying. I have Creative 5.1 (the one with the sub and 5 small satellite ones - sorry i ain't really that technical!). I was clicking round for ages when i came across a solution for my hissing!! (YEY!!)
I went to the master volume control, and clicked the advance button. Then i put a check in the box no 2 - Centre speaker and subwoofer connected to microphone, and hey presto!! no hissing. I know probably most of you will have tried that or looked there but thought i would share as it solved my probs!! Thanks anyways!!