PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Theater 5.1, DT2200 - no sound

charwood
11-12-2004, 04:59 AM
I have a Dell Dimension 8400, the sound card is on the motherboard. I wanted to use my Cambridge Desktop Theater 5.1, DT2200 speakers with it, but I get no sound from them. They work fine on my other computers, and the speakers that came with the Dell work fine. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? Thanx, Chris

Catherina-XCL-
11-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Chris,
What kind of sound is in the system? Does it definitely support 5.1, how many outputs does it have?

Make sure you have the right plugs connected to the right outputs, and then check the volume control balance. The speakers would work as soon as they're connected to an audio source.

Cat

charwood
11-13-2004, 08:57 AM
HI

It has SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio. Yes is does support 5.1. It has 3, one for the subwoofer, one for "most speakers w/ integrated amplifiers and black one to attach multichannel-capable speakers.

Everything is plugged in where it should be. Still no sound. Any ideas?

Chris

Catherina-XCL-
11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
If it's plugged in correctly then that's all we can cover from the speakers side of things. Sounds like you'll need to contact Dell for more information on the soundchip, and how to change it's settings.

Cat