PDA

View Full Version : Hitman:Contracts Eax Windows 7--Works 100%

jmacguire
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eidos\Hitman Contracts\InstallDir?? -->? 32 bit Window 7

?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eidos\Hitm an Contracts\InstallDir?? --> 64 bit Windows 7

The game sounds very good, and it took no time whatsoever to configure this. Yes, the top entry was in the database already, but for 64 bit systems you must make the modification or EAX will stay greyed out.

?

blastone
01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
what are you sopuse to change it to?
the config so it could work?

jmacguire
01-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Creative's newest version of Alchemy .4 already has some games "pre configured" in its .ini file. But all of the preconfigurations are for 32 bit operating systems. So you can simply add the game in alchemy from the left to the right side, and there you can edit its registry entry that is "automatically picked up."?

From the Alchemy .ini file for example:

?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\Eidos\Hitman Contracts\InstallDir

This is the default option for how the game would install on Vista and Windows 7. If you install the game, your system realizes that you have HITMAN: Contracts and Alchemy uses these settings.

But inside the game you will not be able to check the "USE EAX" checkbox, or it will not stay checked if you do if you are running that same game on a 64 bit operating system.

so you can simply change the key to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eidos\Hitm an Contracts\InstallDir

And the game worked perfectly. I did patch it to the newest version before configuring anything in its menu. I also altered the Alchemy setting before configuring the game too, thus I had absolutely no problems with EAX.

?

?

Choum
01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
You do not need to make any change in the alchemy configuration file if you use a x64 os.

Because the system will check by itself automatically in the "wow32node" registry path if he found nothing in the "normal path".

So if the system need to find something in ?HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\Eidos\Hitman Contracts\InstallDir
It will automaticaly check in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eidos\Hitm an Contracts\InstallDir

this is something normal, because without this functionality all game or app that use registry path to store/check informations will not work anymore (how many game (old or not) check the registry for cd key ?)

jmacguire
01-20-2010, 12:28 AM
It most certainly does not "automatically" check. I had the games installed under STEAM and the standalone CD's. Upon installing the game, Yes, Alchemy does list the game installed on my system but until I altered the key, the box remained greyed out.

?

AaronC
07-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Hello,

I have Windows 7 64 bit and SB x-Fi Fatality with latest alchemy and drivers and hitman 3 patch.

Hitman 3 will not start up with "Hitman 3"? alchemy enabled regardless of which registry key i use. When I am in game, it does have an EAX logo and in the .ini file eax is set to (enabled) though i am not sure if it actually works.

Just wondering why it wont start up if I have alchemy enabled.

jmacguire
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Logging Time : 26/7/200 at 23:47:02

Loaded C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Hitman Contracts\DSOUND.ini

Using Nati've OpenAL Renderer

Mine started just fine.

?

drivetheory
08-19-2010, 04:59 AM
i was having the same problem today with Hitman 3.
Hitman would crash immediately upon launch (there were also DirectSound issues, but that's addressed in another thread)

to fix the ctd on launch go open the hitman 3 folder and run "restoredefaults.exe" and click yes when prompted