Thread: Can I playback and record different audio files simultaneous

Can I playback and record different audio files simultaneously?

Hi,

What is happening is I can play a file out of the sound card but when I try to record a different sound file using a mic at the same time, what is playing out of the sound card is actually getting recorded rather than what I am speaking through the mic. It is like some mixing is happening.

First of all, is the Audigy 2 Platinum PRO sound card full duplex so that I can playback and record different sound files at the same time?

Re: Can I playback and record different audio files simultaneously?

Absolutely, all of our current cards are full duplex.

It sounds like the mixer is set up incorrectly. When you want to record from a specific source, set that in the mixer under the recording slider (red). It is probably set to "What U Hear" now, which means it'll record all the sound that is played back aswell.

Cat

Uber Guru

Re: Can I playback and record different audio files simultaneously?

lokeshrao wrote:
    Hi,Can I playback and record different audio files simultaneously? What is happening is I can play a file out of the sound card but when I try to record a different sound file using a mic at the same time, what is playing out of the sound card is actually getting recorded rather than what I am speaking through the mic. It is like some mixing is happening.First of all, is the Audigy 2 Platinum PRO sound card full duplex so that I can playback and record different sound files at the same time?

Hmmmm...

If you set 'rec source' to microphone and 'disable' the microphone as a 'source' (on
    creative surround mixer) then it should be possible. I think this (eg. selecting the rec
    source) can be done also on MediaSource Player too, if you use it as a recording software.

If you got some software dedicated for recording/mixing there (like cubase, li've!, ...)
    you can do more than this youre asking.

.jtp