Thread: Creative Inspire 4400 4.1 Speakers : Have aux input ?

Creative Inspire 4400 4.1 Speakers : Have aux input ?

I am planning to buy these Creative Inspire 4400 4.1 Speakers on eBay. I currently do not have a soundcard with front/rear outputs - just a regular headphone/line out on my laptop.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is an auxilary input on these speakers to accept a single stereo line in and have it play on all four satellites. My current understanding is that if you plug in the front speakers line-in, you will be able to hear it on the subwoofer and the "front" two of the four satellites and similarly with the rear input.

I haven't been able to track down the user manual on the creative website - it's like those speakers never existed !

Conal
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 01-11-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Re: Creative Inspire 4400 4.1 Speakers : Have aux input ?

Conal,

The manual are available at the Product Documentation website.

One suggestion I can give is you can use a stereo splitter adaptor split the signal from the headphone jack of your laptop to connect to the speaker.

Jason
    Message Edited by Jason-CL on 08-22-2005 01:50 PM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 01-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks for that info Jason. I didn't strike me to look at the Creative Asia page.

The product manual indicates that if you have only a front stereo output, you can plug in the front speakers input - they have not indicated that only 2 out of the 4 speakers will then play. Could it be possible that there is a internal 2/4 switch so that if the rear speakers are not plugged in, they are tied with the front speakers input line ?

Many thanks,

Conal

Conal,

If you only connect the front audio cable then only the front speaker will have the output. The speaker itself does not have any upmix feature to mix the stereo to 4 channel mode. That's why I suggested you to use a stereo splitter adaptor in my previous post to connect the speaker up.

There's another speaker system which you might be interested too if you wanted some form of stereo upmix feature provided it's available in your region for purchase. The Creative I-Trigue 5600 speaker. It have a CMSS upmix feature which will upmix stereo to a 5. surround soundfield effect.

Jason

Hi,

I would like to know where can I buy the "Stereo Splitter Adaptor"?

thanks a million

Try

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

You should google on 'Y audio splitter' or 'stereo splitter'. Be aware that the device will merely replicate what it gets on the input to the outputs. In effect, you will not get any more surround sound than you would get with hard wiring the speakers together. For true surround, consider getting a 5.1 or better surround card.

CC
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 01-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.