Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative GD580 5.1 - left/right + sub only working

Creative GD580 5.1 - left/right + sub only working

I just purchased a GD580 5.1 system, along with a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit sound card. When I go to test it, it says, "LEFT, ______, RIGHT, ______, ______." The ones that don't work are the center and rear speakers. So I tried playing music on my computer with "stereo" selected on my decoder but it didn't work, and only when I use "movie" or "music" mode I can hear from all speakers, but I don't think it's right. I connected it correctly to my subwoofer. Here is my current configuration for my decoder (the "_" means not selected, and the "X" means selected):

_ OPTICAL
    X COAXIAL
    _ ANALOG

_ STEREO
    X MOVIE
    _ MUSIC

_ DTS
    _ DOLBY DIGITAL
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-23-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Whiz Kid

Re: Creative GD580 5.1 - left/right + sub only working

kramer89,

It is perfectly normal to hear only front Left and Right when using coaxial/optical (Digital) connection. You can check this article for more information.

http://us.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=2&sid=4858

Jason

So I can only get surround sound if I play something that has the surround capabilities? And I wouldn't get surround sound if I used analog?

I also just bought this speaker system and am only getting 2 speakers working. I have tried it in several diffderent pc games which are 5.1 compatable and I can't figure out why it's not working. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Trusted Contributor

kramer89
    thats correct and also have you tryed the analog just to see if you could? get it to work
    are you alo related to a tim Kramer or a cousin thats a girl a sister of tim kramer cause if so HIIIIII hehe...

for the member thats wanting to know if there is help for him too try checking your updates on creatives website as well as checking to make shure all your connections are where they are sapose to be OK! and get back with us to let us know what worked and what did not

Good Luck

I have the extact same set up as Kramer above herem but i din;t even get left/right audio when i am set to Coax. I had to plug the RCA's in and go to analog to get any sound at all...

Not sure what to do, I had Soundblaster Live! 24bit and Inpsire GD580...the speakers all test fine from the remote control. I have the coax decoder hooked up, and the decoder set to Coax...and nothing.
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Trusted Contributor

I think there's a bug or somthing in the way digital works but I am not for shure on that method

hope there is a fix soon for some

Ok update time.

I got call of Duty in "analog" mode to use all 5 speakers. Nothing still in Coax mode.

World of Warcraft in "analog" uses Front right/Left only and again nothing in Coax mode.

I have the coax cables set up according to the diagrams in the instrctuions and set the toggle to it but still nothing will make digital sound work.

Trusted Contributor

you may want to e-mail tech support on this one cause it's sounding like it's got to do with hardware?

I hope one of the mods can answer this more technically then I can hehe but you may have to exchange or return these depending on you and what tech support wants to do?

i have never used any of creatives products other than their amazing sound cards but, my old altec lansing system sound much like yours so i give it a try to help you. okay do you have creative media source player. if so you may want to check you speaker settings. if you don't have that program go under your control panel find the sound option and change the speaker configuration to 5.1. also try checking the back of the sub for a channel selector because some systems on the analog configuration have a channel selector switch which tells the decoder to pick up the signal from a single analog line which give you 2-4 channels broadcast on all speakers (green analog connector with the altec lansing system). Or switch the it to the 6 channels and make sure the all of your analog connectors are connected in the right places(altec lansing - green output one, black output two, yellow output three)
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.