Thread: SB Audigy SE 7.1 Surround Sound (only 3 speakers worki

SB Audigy SE 7.1 Surround Sound (only 3 speakers working)

Hi,

I have purchased 2 Soundblaster Audigy SE 7. Sound Cards & 2 Creative 7. surround sound speaker systems. I have installed both the sound cards in 2 seperate PC's running Window's XP. I have then installed the software which was provided with the sound cards, including installing the media centres. I have then set up the 7. speaker system's and plugged all the leads into the correct places in the back of the sound card. When starting music on both PC's, only the front 2 speakers work + the sub. The Centre speaker, the 2 rear speakers and the 2 side speakers do not work.
    I have tried re-installing the drivers, and also tried the Creative web site for updates etc but can't find any relating to this card. I have also looked on the message board but can't see anyone else having the same problem, hense this post.
    I get the feeling the driver is not working properly, or there is a setting that needs to be changed to make the other 5 speakers work.
    Please can someone help me with my problem. Either instructions on changing or checking settings, or where i can find the driver that works for this sound card.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Whiz Kid

Re: SB Audigy SE 7.1 Surround Sound (only 3 speakers working)

Craig,

Normal Stereo signal are only in 2 channel so it's normal when you get only 2 output when playback these stuff. Try turning on CMSS.

Jason