Thread: Deleting "Creative Product Registration" dialog box from screen after removing Web Cam software

Deleting "Creative Product Registration" dialog box from screen after removing Web Cam software

PLEASE help me get rid of the Creative Product Registration box which is on my laptop screen ALL THE TIME!!! I deleted the software for my Creative WebCam P/N 03VF004000000 Rev A. Then I went in C:.Program Files,Creative Folder. The dialog box says Product Registration Folder, "Cannot delete InetReg.crl Access is denied". I went into Properties but write-protected is not checked. I DO NOT GET THE OPTION CANCEL or DO NOT REMIND ME. I only get the option OK which further ties up the system. Someone else told me to go into msconfig and make changes but this didnt help either. When I call them, I am put on hold for a long time with music which makes me nauseated

Re: Deleting "Creative Product Registration" dialog box from screen after removing Web Cam software

I have removed all the software except 2 files - inetreg.exe and inetreg.crl which are in c:/program files/creative/english. A message says to be sure no? files are open; the dialog box is open but I cannot close it. Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-01-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Re: Deleting "Creative Product Registration" dialog box from...

I found a fix for this infuriating problem. After you have registered your product if you so desire, and the "Creative Product Registration"?gentle reminder won't go away, follow these steps:
    1. Start > Run > type "msconfig" > Enter.
    2. Click on the Start-up tab.
    3. Un-check the box next to the Creative Online Product Registration entry (I forget the exact name).
    4. Confirm your changes and restart computer.
    5. When your computer boots up again, navigate to \Program Files\Creative and delete the entire "Product Registration" folder. Note: This step is probably unecessary, but it sure is satisfying.
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 12-01-2011 at 03:55 PM.