Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen Micro KEEPS FREEZING

Zen Micro KEEPS FREEZING!!!

I just purchased a Zen micro after doing tons of research and it keeps freezing when I try to add albums through explorer. I have the most up to date firmware, run XP sp 2 and am very cpu literate. I have followed the directions to the T. I use regular Microsoft explorer and after having it freeze when adding multiple albums, i said hey, maybe its just TOO much at once (3 albums). So I drag and drop ONE album at a time, with explorer and my directory for albums as the only open folders and the only things running... I have the new WMP 0 also and have just had it freeze up in during that too... I have perfectly tagged mp3's and it will just sit on one mp3 for 5 minutes then say its being used by another program/non existant etc.. which is not the case as it has happened on MULTIPLE albums. I have Reformatted COUNTLESS times.... I am at my wits end here and on the verge of giving up on my micro... PLEASE HELP

Re: Zen Micro KEEPS FREEZING!!!

bceezy---I feel your frustration. When I first started adding tracks to my micro on my desktop, it was freezing as well even though I was using SP2 and WMP0...when I switched to the same music library on my tabet PC (w/ USB 2.0 vs . on my desktop), things were much smoother with no further freezing. Could hardware on your system be playing a role?

I do not think so, I have a great machine i keep in tip top condition i have 6 usb . ports, with one mouse plugged in. I know it isnt the song that makes it freeze because I was able to add one that was giving me a problem thru WMP 0.

Let me make a correction, i have CLEANED UP not reformatted... I have not put much on and there shouldnt be a need for it...Message Edited by bceezy on 0-4-2005 04:26 AM

this was a problem straight out of the box.Message Edited by bceezy on 0-4-2005 04:27 AM

Hmm... I'm wondering if there may be issues with the USB . and the micro...Anyone out there having difficulties with non-2.0 USB connections in firmware-upgraded micros?

Did a quick search and found another thread that explores this further. It seems that other users of the firmware upgraded micro had freeze-ups when transfering files via USB .; when adding a USB 2.0 card to their systems, the micro synched well. Check out the thread Zen Micro Firmware 2.

Message Edited by gk on 0-4-2005 04:40 AM

I see, so upping to a usb 2.0 card is the solution...

join the club mate

"zen micro locking club" signup here

Contributor

Okay,

Yes, upgrading to a USB 2.0 helped me, but now it just freezes faster than it did with the USB .. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite (USB 2.0). And it's always on the DOCKED Screen with both arrows black.

RIGHT, i just spent $40 on hi speed usb 2.0, still the same things happening...

Contributor

HEY CREATIVE!

If anybody is reading these forums, people need help here, and they're getting really frusterated. Let's get a new firmware out so people can actually <EM>use</EM> their MP3 players! (There's and awesome idea!)

Message Edited by AMD4MBC on 0-5-2005 06:08 PM