Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fatal1ty 101 clicking problem

Re: Fatal1ty 101 clicking problem

I'm trying to rma my mouse, they ask for a receipt, okay, got that from Google, then they ask for the serial number, it's on the box or on the mouse they say. No go on the box, that part was mailed in for the rebate, nothing that looks like a serial number is on the mouse. Does anyone else have a serial number printed on their mouse?

Mine does, it's the number below the bar code. Mine starts with "CTAF", yours should be similar.

Dale

Bar code on your mouse? The bar code that was on the box was cut out and mailed in with the rebate. I don't see any serial numbers on my mouse at all.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-26-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Yes, my mouse has a bar code just below the Fatalty sticker. The box for it has 2 bar codes, one that looks like an obvious Retail UPC/barcode (the one you should have sent in), and one to the left of that that is long and skinny, and has a serial number under it. This bar code + serial number is directly below the "www.fatalty.com" web address on the left side panel of the box.

If you don't have a bar code on your mouse, and you don't have the one where I described on the box, then you may be out of luck. Your best option at that point would be to get back in contact with Customer Support and explain the situation to them.

Good luck!

DaleMessage Edited by Dale-CL on 0-29-2007 02:40 PM
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-25-2011 at 02:40 PM.

My wife cut the whole half end off of the box when she sent in the rebate, so that's gone. Still have the box with that chunk cut off. The mouse has no bar code on it and no serial number under it that I can see. I've emailed customer service, based on my experience so far, I'm not expecting too much.

Wow, just stumbled across this thread by accident. I just now received my RMAed Fatalty 00 mouse back from Creative after experiencing this exact same problem. Only had the mouse 2 months before it started. Hope it doesn't happen again. Other than this issue, it is a pretty 337 mouse...

i have a question for everyone...

do you guys still hear the clicking sound even when your mouse is not operating properly?

dalexa wrote:
    i have a question for everyone...

do you guys still hear the clicking sound even when your mouse is not operating properly?

yes.

it's really sad the manufacturer of the microswitch designed it to make the clicking noise before it actually closes the switch.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-26-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Okay, so I've had my replacement mouse for nearly a month, and it's starting to do it again! Whoever was engineering this thing seems to have missed something really critical. Guess all I can do is submit another RMA...
    Message Edited by Cyfun on 02-23-20070:36 PM

i've found a solution for the right button.

like Thresher said we need a thin hard layer for that and i've found one.
    in some stores there are products that are protected with a magnetic device.
    there are several types but the one that i used is the ones that usually come in the perfume boxes. it's a white plastic and flexible case (arround 35x0x3mm) that sticks into the box to avoid people to steal the perfumes. that case can be cut open and inside you will have some metal sheets. 3 or 4 are like a foil and the are very thin... forget those. you will find a thicker one that is flexible but hard enough for the job.
    cut a piece of 3x5mm and glue it to the the button (not the switch) with some epoxy glue (so not you superglue because it will not hold). press it for a minute and then leave it a couple of hours to cure the glue.
    since the switch is mot metallic you will not have any kind of unwanted contact.
    DO NOT USE this metal sheet in the left button (left click one) because it's too thick and the button will stay pressed (i learn that in the worst way )
    it could be possible to use the thinest ones in that one but i didn't try. i had put some epoxy there and since it's hard enough and it will hold for a while.

seems to be a good option because the metal is harder than tape and doesn't wear off like glue.

hope it hel

ps.
    (i don't have pictures but i'll try to get some)