Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - Driver is

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - Driver issue

Hello,

Recently my creative speaker settings and all my THX controls stopped working. I removed all my drivers, then reinstalled the following from the creative website.

. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 series and Audigy 4 series Driver 02.08.0004

This reinstalled the creative media center as well as the creative audio console, but it did not install the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS folder or application etc, which is what has all the Creative Speaker Settings and THX control and all the other creative options. I tried using the driver installation disc which came with the soundcard, but although it shows the creative settings/ THX control installed, whenever i try to open those applications, I get an error message saying that it cannot open that audio device, install audio drivers. I searched for the right drivers and even did the automatic updater, yet it did not work.

So basically could anyone help me find the right driver to download so my creative speaker settings, THX console and all those other apllications will work?

Thanks for your time.

Super Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - Driver issue

The applications require the original driver CD. Try uninstalling everything and then install the stuff on the CD and upgrade to the current drivers.

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - Driver issue

Even using just the CD drivers, shouldn't the applications still work?

right now when I try to open creative speaker settings I get the error:

The Audio device selected by this application is not detected. The application will exit.

Does that mean anything?