Thread: Gigaworks S750 Blinking Green Light Error & Annoyance

Gigaworks S750 Blinking Green Light Error & Annoyance

Hi,

I've got a set of Gigaworks S750s which are currently becoming the bane of my existence. Whenever i remove power from the sub completley (by either turning it off or unplugging it) the sub will no longer power up after i re-plug it in. The green light on the back flashes but will not turn on.

I've tried new kettle leads and disconnecting all speakers and just havign the sub box on, but it just wont turn on. I cant quite remember what i did last time to make it work again but the **bleep** thing will just NOT co-operate.

Does anyone know what the flashing green light means? And how to fix this.

I no longer have my proof of purchase, which means if i have to pay to repair this, i'll be writing a very strongly worded letter, i don't get how something i've owned for under a year can break, especially when it cost me 280, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 01-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Super Contributor

Re: Gigaworks S750 Blinking Green Light Error & Annoyance

contact CS, ask them to check your serial, happened to me once I did not have the receipt anymore, they could see from the serial unit was less than a year old so I got a replacement even though I did not have a receipt (was a small item though, not a sub=

every time i try to ring them it says they're closed even though its within the hours, this the same for everyone else?

Super Contributor

I would advice trying again today, and tomorrow.

could be that they had a company wide day off or something

Contributor

I think your mosfet got blown already. You can find it at the top of the amp board. After change the bad mosfet, your unit should be works fine. I can send you the image of mosfet if you need it.

Regular Contributor

Check out this thread
    http://forums.creative.com/creativel...essage.id=8037
    Shotfire has been able to repair a number of the sub woofers that have blown the fuse (and other components)
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 01-19-2012 at 03:20 PM.