Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Solved) Creative Webcam Vista PD1100

(Solved) Creative Webcam Vista PD1100

Hi,

I am having trouble locating the drivers for this particular product. The Creative Webcam Vista for Windows XP, having model no. PD1100.. Can somebody help me out with this driver, by providing a link perhaps?

Thank youMessage Edited by damdx on 02-07-2005 09:11 AM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 11-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Re: Creative Webcam Vista PD1100

Found the driver at Driverguide.com

It is a file called English.rar for the PD1100. It is not WHQL certified, so Windows XP will not automatically detect it, so you have to force it to accept the driver.. But it works, and i have my webcam working again!!!

Be careful though, there are some trojan files masquerading on the site as driver files for the PD1100.

Free registration required for download.
    Message Edited by damdx on 02-07-2005 09:21 AM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 11-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Re: (Solved) Creative Webcam Vista PD1100

I cannot believe how easily you said that. I am supposed to go to some strange site who get their drivers from heaven knows where and might contain viruses and Trojans? Is that the best that Creative can do?

When I bought my Vista Webcam it came with a CD with drivers for all the Windows versions up to XP. Unfortunately it is damaged and I am clean reintalling XP. I want to know why I cannot download the files from somewhere like http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/ which only lists a webcam vista plus.

If I cannot get the camera to work again I certainly know where not to buy a replacement.

Completely agree with zaphod_es. My problem is similar, I have misplaced the driver cd, and Windows XP cannot install it automatically. I will, however, download a driver from driverguide.com if Creative can't be bothered to provide a download for Webcam Vista, but I'D MUCH rather download from something I know I can trust. However, my trust is diminishing as we speak - are Webcam Vista supposed to be some use-once product? So what if it is dirt cheap; I payed money for it, and it's only reasonable I get the same support for the product as every other product Creative has.

</rant>

If someone finds a driver from the Creative website, I'd be more than grateful to know about it. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Have this problem been resolved? The title certainly says so. If not, I try to see if I can get a driver for you guys.

If you can find a reliable driver I would be grateful.

If any Creative staff ever look at the forum an explanation why they do not make available drivers for all their products would also be interesting. Customer support is one of my main considerations when buying computers and components.

As you've probably noticed we have a veeery big back-catalogue of products, so it isn't always possible to have full original packages online for each of them, but I will make sure to pass on your comment/suggestion.

Cat

Thanks for the response. I am sorry but I cannot accept that answer. Lots of suppliers have very big catalogues. It is probably easier to leave stuff in the database than to remove it. A bit of hard dri've space and occasional bandwidth is not a big deal. I would have more sympathy if you said that you had lost the data.

Trusted Contributor

What is the current driver version that you have, which can't work with WinXP?

Can I presume that your current driver works with other OSes, before WinXP?

Do a search in the internet and saw the driver for the webcam... In case anyone need them, I have uploaded it to.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZA9JCR7