Thread: Creative Live Cam Optia AF will not install.. HELP !

Creative Live Cam Optia AF will not install.. HELP !

Just bought the Live Cam Optia AF. SW installs OK, but device will not start ! ( Error Code 10). Have tried everything including removing all USB controllers and USB devices... OS is Windows XP SP2.. If I do not get some help soon, I will return the **bleep** stupid cam to where I bought it from. !! PS Does anyone know if the device conflicts with any other image devices or SW such as Adobe Photoshop or other scanners ?
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 11-30-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Creative Live Cam Optia AF will not install.. HELP !

I don't want to open another thread so I'd just like to ask if this webcam will work on a Mac?

Super Contributor

yes and you need Mac OS X v0.4.9 or higher.

Trusted Contributor

I am here to confirm that Optia AF works on a Mac. My configuration is PowerBook G4 on Mac OS 0.4.0. The camera is awesome.

Well done Creative!

No, it DOES NOT WORK on ALL macs I have a G5 Imac (Power PC based) it DOES NOT recognize that a camera exists.
    I am running OS 0.4.0 and I repeat IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!
    Message Edited by prophet_q on 10-27-2007 07:09 AM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 11-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I"m having exactly the same problem. I have an IMAC G5, 0.4.0 and having an impossible time trying to find a webcam that will work. I've gone on the apple site.... I thought this would work...sigh

I just added the Creative Live! Cam Optia AF to my Intel Mac running 0.4.0. I've tested the camera with iChat, Skype, QuickTime Pro and iMovie.

The camera works great with my system and all of these programs until my computer goes to SLEEP. After it wakes from sleep, iChat says the camera "is being used by another application". The same sort of thing is reported by Skype & QuickTime.

If I restart my Mac, the problem is fixed. However, I don't want to restart my computer each time I use iChat!

I've tried to reset my PRAM. I've trashed the iChat plist file. I've even repaired permissions and reinstalled the 0.4.0 Intel Combo Update. Nothing resolves the problem.

The Creative Live! Cam Optia AF is a UVC webcam. It should be fully compatible with Mac's running 0.4.9 or higher.

Has anyone experienced this "SLEEP" related problem, can anyone offer a solution?

I've also posted this problem to the Apple Discussions.

Thanks much.

Rob

Live!optia Cam will NOT work on my iMac G5 (OS X 0.4.0). Not appearing on desktop..install disk useless.

Any ideas? Take it back/ Throw it out the window? Donate it to a poor PC user?

Thanks