Thread: How to connect Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS External I/O Hub with Sound Blaster Audigy 2

How to connect Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS External I/O Hub with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Hi guys,?i was wondering if anyone could help me cause i've been having a hard time with this problem...Any info on the matter would be much appreciated!?I have on my?PC a Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card (B880)?and i was recently given a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS External I/O Hub w/Remote?in order to be able to connect my speakers via optical cables, digital etc. This?external hub comes with a AD_LINK and AD_LINK 2 for attaching the module to Audigy 2 ZS?sound card. I assume(don't actually know)?both are needed in order?for the hub to be?function properly. My sound card though only has?a port for AD_LINK 2 (firewire) and no AD_LINK port, atleast from what i can see on the back.

Could someone?tell me please?if i actually can?connect?the external I/O Hub to?my?Audigy 2 ZS sound card (B880)?and if there is a way, how i am going to do that, meaning how do the cables connect and?if i need to configure anything after or something... Thanks in advance to anyone who?might help me.

Super Guru

Re: How to connect Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS External I/O Hub with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Gismokras,

The manual for the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro shows that both AD_LINK & 2 should be connected. You can download the manual by clicking on the Support tab at the top of this screen and selecting Product Documentation. Then choose "Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro" and download that manual. The manual has clear instructions including diagrams for installing and connecting the External I/O Module.

Re: How to connect Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS External I/O Hub with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Thanks for the reply, but... The thing is that i don't have Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. My card is?Audigy 2 ZS. I was given this sound blaster audigy 2 ZS external hub because i was told it could connect to my card (Sound blaster?Audigy 2 ZS B880). I don't think my card has a port for AD_LINK . If anyone knows if?indeed my card can connect to this external hub?and how i would really like to know, thanks everyone.

Super Guru

Gismokras,

I pointed you to the manual for the A2ZS Plat Pro because it shows the connections for the external I/O module (aka hub). Clearly, without the AD_LINK port, the I/O hub won't work. I too have a vanilla Audigy 2 ZS, and like yours it doesn't have the AD_LINK port. Bad news, I'm afraid.