Thread: Need help getting started...DAP-HD0011 Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40

Need help getting started...DAP-HD0011 Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40 GB

I came into possession of a Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40 GB that has never been used. The version is .03.02. The only thing I got with it was a power cord. My computer has XP on it.
    As my id states I am a total end abuser and need step by step instuctions for getting this lovely device to work.
    Can anyone help me?
    Message Edited by endabuser on 03-2-2008 :0 AM

Super Contributor

Re: Need help getting started...DAP-HD0011 Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40 GB

All you need is a usb lead, and the drivers from the creative website.
    ?you can download creative meda source, or if you have the drivers installed youi can use windows media player to comunicate ( ie transfer) music.

If you can find it i would recomend creative media source 3, as i found that much better to use than the latter media source programms?

Rich, is it possible for you to suggest the correct download. I am terribly afraid of killing this Zen with the wrong one. Does it have to be a lessor version than what is currently on it's? Or should I reset and start over? Only problem is I don't know which one to download. Yes, I am a woman who is in over her head! ;-)? Thank you for your kind help.

Super Contributor

Dont bother updating the firmware, .03.02 is, in my opinion the best version to use with XP.

As for drivers and such like,
    [url="http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=23&nRegionFK=&nCountryFK =&nLanguageFK=&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=&Product_ Name=ZEN+Xtra&Product_ID=9288&modelnumber=&driverl ang=033&OS=0&drivertype=0&x=6&y=6"> this should take you to the driver software page on the creative website[/url]
    if you download the driver windows media player and a few other media player organisers should pick it up, alternativly you could try
    [color="#330099" size="">. Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.2 (52.2 MB)
    and
    [color="#330099" size="">. Creative NOMAD Explorer (Version 3.0.0) (.22 MB) 22 Sep 04Creative MediaSource Plugin for CD Burner 3.0.8 (.5 MB)

?

EDIT:
    ?the link isnt working, for the drivers and stuff listed above, at the very top of this webpage you will see
    Home, Corporate, Products, Support, Store Contact Us.
    click on support, the click/select downloads
    select mp3 players, then zen, then Zen Xtra, then click on next.
    Select windows XP and file type all?
    Message Edited by Rich_T on 03-4-2008 05:46 PM