Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Creative still activelly selling Audigy 2 &4 soundcards to retaile

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is Creative still actively selling Audigy 2 &4 soundcards to retailers?

wagnard wrote:
    lol so funny. we can actually do the same for the audigy.
    Download the XFI driver, unrar-it and manually install the driver.
    Boom you have the latest audigy driver installed.
    Thats what I did for my audigy 2 to work in vista SP and almost no problem.
    Message Edited by wagnard on 04-02-2008 0:4 AM
    That's a lot like how daniel_k's drivers began.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-08-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Re: Is Creative still activelly selling Audigy 2 &4 soundcards to retailers?

I suppose the fact that Nvidia was not still selling the Nforce has no bearing with you?

Contributor

It has no bearing to me.
    Even if creative is still selling audigy card, I dont see whats the problem with this. This card is made for XP as stated on the box. Not Vista.
    Anyway Vista required a quite good computer to get the best of it and I dont see myself buying an audigy in a new system. Ill put an XFI for sure.
    Microsoft is still selling XP even if there is Vista.

Message Edited by wagnard on 04-02-2008 2:8 PM

wagnard wrote:

Even if creative is still selling audigy card, I dont see whats the problem with this. This card is made for XP as stated on the box. Not Vista.
    Same thing can be said of the X-Fi's, only difference is they are still getting support (sort of). Also it is one thing for people that have had the cards (Li've and Audigy) for a while to be asking for support, but what about someone that has bought one of those cards in the past 6 months I have seen posts on this forum and others from people that have bought a card as old as the Live 5. brand new; too bad no one told them that they were purchasing a card that was declared EOL 4 or 5 years ago.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-08-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Trusted Contributor

wagnard wrote:
    It has no bearing to me.
    The Audigy's on the store shelves have a big sticker on the front that says "Works with Vista"

Contributor

thanks for the info I really didnt know that the audigy have the sticker.
    BUt its not 00% false. It does work with the driver posted on their site. not quite well but it does. And it work better if you play a bit with the XFI driver. They are more recent and work for the audigy.
    The only downside I saw on my audigy 2 ZS, is that the sound quality seem to be bad compared to xp.

Trusted Contributor

wagnard wrote:

The only downside I saw on my audigy 2 ZS, is that the sound quality seem to be bad compared to xp.
    Thats due to a business decision, not a technical one, which is what many of us are upset about. More info [url="http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/04/daniel_k-who-fi.html">here[/url] if you're interested?here's a relevant snippet from there?The Audigy drivers
    They took several days, countless Vista reinstalls.
    Creative purposedly modified the Audigy drivers to disable some features when Vista is detected and also purposedly introduced some bugs to prevent some XP utilities from running.
    I did a complete analysis of the driver to determine where all the checks and bugs were introduced and started modding.
    Features that I've successfully enabled:
    - Dolby/DTS decoding (originally discovered by another Creative forum member, but I've explained how to use it)
    - CMSS, CMSS2 and Stereo Surround (originally only "CMSS" was available, this setting also affects ALchemy/OpenAL, so it is really useful)
    - Advanced EQ and Special FX presets
    - DVD Audio
    - Hardware MIDI synthetizer (I wrote a small utility that automatically detects and changes the default Vista MIDI Synth during driver install or can change it later using its GUI. Some media players lets you choose the MIDI synthesizer)
    - Equalizer (with preset saving, very hard to accomplish, had to deal with bugs in Creative software and use my creativity to find a workaround).
    - WaveRT (a Microsoft replacement for ASIO, however I don't know if it really works or not)

It's pointless to try to convince you of Creative's questionable practices if you don't understand or appreciate good business ethics.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-08-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Contributor

@ gregoryy2k
    forget the word business in tis context, the guy has no ethics since he doesn't understand ethics,
    he probably works for CREATIVE

lol. Reminds me of Bill Clinton and what the meaning of "is" is. His defintion of "working" must be that some sort of sound does in fact come out of your sound card, irrelevant to the features listed on the box or plastered all over Creative's website.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.