Thread: Zen Vision M 60GB removable disk on Vi

Zen Vision M 60GB removable disk on Vista

Hi,

I want to use the removable disk function on my zen vision m 60gb at capacity 32GB. I can't do this on the player; it wants me to use the "Creative Removable Disk Manager" to set the capacity, but what looks like the setup for this program on the install disk won't run on vista, and I can't see any help for this on the site. Can anyone advise a way to let me use the 32GB removable disk function?

Thanks
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-31-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Super Contributor

Re: Zen Vision M 60GB removable disk on Vista

Hi Nowayout,
    It's quite odd.Usually, when you set it up to Removable Disk you just need to go to this process: Under Menu/Extra/Removable Disk/then press the Option button to set the desired capacity. If you're doing the same thing and comes up with this message, try resetting the unit and do a clean up/reboot. Afterwards, go to the same process again and see if it works then.
    Good luck,

Thanks for the response,

The player has 8 options for capacity of removable disk, 52MB, GB, .5GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 6GB and 32GB. Changing it through the player itself, like you say, works for choices up to 8GB, but trying it on 6GB and 32GB the player gives the message "Unable to resize. Use the Creative Removable disk manager to resize." I've tried cleaning up and rebooting, I've tried formatting the removable disk section but no joy. I had the impression that this issue was common to all these players, because the size was too big to handle itself.

Hmm. How much content is on the unit, do you have a lot of files on it (video/music), how much is there already (in GB)?
    When you formatted it, did you format the removable disk area specifically, or the whole player?
    Cat

Just now Media Explorer is reporting 29.2GB used space, 26.5GB free space but this is taking into account the 8GB that is already set as removable disk area. And it won't let me use 6GB or 32GB with this amount free. When I formatted it was just the removable disk area, not the entire player. I used the option from within the Extras>Removable Disk section.

Thanks again
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-31-2011 at 05:30 PM.