Thread: Volume creeps up gradually to the max for no apparent rea

Volume creeps up gradually to the max for no apparent reason

Help. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 PC with Soundblaster Audigy. After 3 years with no problems, a few days ago for no apparent reason, the volume started creeping up on its own slowly over a few minutes (about 0 minutes) to maximum volume. Can someone please help? I have to lower the volume all the time but it persistently goes up in volume after a few minutes. It is getting very frustrating as sometimes I forgot I have the problem and have a shock of my life when the sound is at full blast.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Volume creeps up gradually to the max for no apparent reason

am i happy i dont got that.
    i can imagine my subwoofer doing full blast for long time would have earthquake in my room.
    anyway friendly bump hope you find out whats causing it and find a solution.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Volume creeps up gradually to the max for no apparent reason

You got a remote control for the sound? Maybe there's some interference because the neighbors are using a remote control with the same frequency/channel.

Or Does your keyboard got a volume control? Make sure the volume control or the keys for that volume control are not stuck because some dust or dirt which cause the mentioned. Also a defecti've volume control on the keyboard could also cause the mentioned situations.

?
    Good luck!?