Thread: I Can't install Live! Cam Vista IM (VF0260) drivers for Windows Vista

I Can't install Live! Cam Vista IM (VF0260) drivers for Windows Vista

Hi, i have downloaded the vista drivers for the Live! Cam Vista IM (VF0260) Driver v1.11.02. It's absolutely impossible to install them in Windows Vista Home Premium. I have tried 2 ways:

1- Webcam disconnected from USB. I start installing the drivers, then a pop-up message asks for connecting the webcam, then it's continues to install until a message pops-up saying that the installation failed because "The required section was not found in INF).

2- Webcam already connected to USB. I star installing the drivers and when reaching the 90% of installation process, a messages pops-up saying that "An error occured while setting up the driver", ans stops installing.

I have tried to manually install the driver using the Device Manager and no way. I can't install the driver.

Any suggestion?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Whiz Kid

Re: I Can't install Live! Cam Vista IM (VF0260) drivers for Windows Vista

Hi Actarus,

Try the suggestion in this link. Although it's addressed for Windows XP systems, it may work on Vista too. If that does not work out, you might want to get in touch with support for further assistance.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-14-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Thank you, but this solution doesn't work for me. Support case has been filled and i'm still waiting for an answer since some days ago, weren't they supposed to answer in a working day?

Ok, i got finally ananswer from Creative support, 2 weeks later, just to tell me that i have to download the Vista drivers and install them.THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO!!!!!!!!! SHAME!

Never thought Creative had such a bad support, they even didn't try to give me a real solution. Never needed the creative support prior to this problem and i'm really disapointed.