Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: drivers, sound blaster live!

drivers, sound blaster live! 5.1

I have this older SB card?I would like to use but don't have the drivers. I have been searching the creative support site for about 3 hours now. I keep narrowing my search to this one file:<div class="DownloadFileName">Filename: Li'veDrvPack_Patch.exe<div class="DownloadText">This is an update patch, it is not a complete driver installation. You must have the previous Li'veDrvPack.exe (SBLW-XPWEB-W3-US), posted July 7,2002. in your system if you wish to use this patch.<div class="DownloadText">Ok,?so where the?heck is the previous li'vedrvpack?I search for that and get the patch only. The?SBLW stuff dosent give me any more info either.<div class="DownloadText">From what I can tell I have a SB li've 5., the auto update states it's SB li've 5. dr .4.55 but also says my drivers are up to date when they don't exist.<div class="DownloadText">Other info the s/n MSB022440005900c and the black ink # 24mn409a<div class="DownloadText">So thats a SB0224 = SB li've 5.<div class="DownloadText">Also tried li'vedrvunipack and sbl5dl_drvpack both state that theres no SB card detected so those are wrong then.<div class="DownloadText">Oh and it's XP home operating sys.

Super Contributor

Re: drivers, sound blaster live! 5.1

Best place to look for driver CDs is here.
    I'm not sure what one would be best with you card, but looking here?it tells me "Sound Blaster Li've! 5. SB0224"
    Not sure?excatly on the disc?you need, but try?"Li've!, Li've! X-Gamer, Li've! MP3+, Li've! Value, Li've! Player, Li've! Platinum, Li've! 5., Li've! 5. Platinum?Download here??

That web site/ or the link to eventually sends you to a place that you need to pay for the driver/service... I don't understand why the drivers can't be free.. It's not like the driver files can be used for some other purpose. Why do I need to pay for them...

Super Contributor

lobsterman_72 wrote:
    That web site/ or the link to eventually sends you to a place that you need to pay for the driver/service... I don't understand why the drivers can't be free.. It's not like the driver files can be used for some other purpose. Why do I need to pay for them...
    Pay? not a chance.
    All he has asked for are donations to keep the site open and to pay for his hosting, but you DO NOT have to pay!
    I suggest you look again at his hub....the link on that page take you to the filefront.com.

Idea for you....you bought the card from creative so ask them to host them....not?a chance of that happening as it's asked for many times over the years.

Ok sorry, my mistake. I was frustrated and had been working on this for almost all sunday.
    Yes the link you sent was very helpfull. Sorry to see it's not going to be up for much longer, I clicked on the ads maybe that'll help alittle. And Creative Labs should float that guy a few dollars too for providing the SUPPORT. I mean really, how much is it to get a T dri've or 2 and load all the drivers that exist for creative products and plug it into the creative labs web site?!
    Also, why do software companies need to leave garbage behind even after an uninstall using thier own software?

In summary I'd like to explain what?I did to fix my problem.
    After getting the iso from the above web site I ran it, again that program said there was no SB card. Then looking at the recent postings on this site I noticed that someone else had a problem with the no SB detected. (_vapOr_ Sound Blaster Audigy Not Detected). I used the 'utility' that was provided. Still didn't work. Then used the driver cleaner link provided in that thread. And it worked. (please read the readme that comes with the driver cleaner, you must use it in safe mode).

Thanks for the help!

On a similar topic, i have just upgraded to vista and my sound blaster li've! 5. digital SBO220 isnt working, tried lots of things but still havent found the right drivers.

anybody with any help would be much appreciated..

?Are you sure it's a SB0220? I had the same numbers on mine and I looked at the identify your card area and you need to use the first 2 digits on the white lettering and the first two digits in the black hard to see lettering.

?You may have exactly the board?I have. But I am using XP. So I don't know alot about vista.

?
    Message Edited by lobsterman_72 on 06-0-2008 03:53 PM

Super Contributor

Vista is a different ball game with the SB Li've, and we had some nice drivers [url="http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&thread.id=30593&view=by_dat e_ascending&page=]here[/url]?(constructed by Daniel_K) that he unfortunately has taken removed due to a dispute with Creative. (not over these drivers I might add)
    Luckily for you, I know where you can get them

See the links bottom of [url="http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/li've-drivers/]this[/url]?page.
    One link should work, if not give me a shout.

EDIT: These drivers support.

[b]This pack[/b] [b]Supports all Li've! cards with a Hardware?EMU0K DSP chipset (OEM / Retail models):[/b]
    - Li've! PCI52 / 4. /?Value / Player / MP3+ / X-Gamer / Platinum- Li've! 5. MP3+ / X-Gamer /?Digital / Platinum
    ?[b]Does [u][color="#ff0000"]NOT[/u] support the following OEM / Retail models:[/b]- Host / software-based cards including Li've! 24-bit- any external Li've! soundcards[color="#ff0000"]NOTE: If you have more than 2 gigs of ram you may get blue screens / random lock ups with these drivers...only Creative could fix this it seems
    Message Edited by split0 on 06-0-2008 05:0 PM

thanks but your link goes straight through to some gaming site called file front, and i can not find the drivers....

Super Contributor

If you looked on that page, there are 2 links and the other one will take you here. <working link for me.
    I must admit that page is crowded and I could you linked you straight to the files, but I thought I'd give the guy who's bothered to host all this old data some credit.
    If that link fails for you give me?a shout as I have another site that has them, but I'm low on bandwidth this month