Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative Zen 8gb won't respond and just flashes blue li

reative Zen 8gb won't respond and just flashes blue light

Hi,

My 8gb creative zen mp3 player won't turn on and is not responsi've at all. The only response I get is when I plug it into the computer, where a faint blinking blue light flashes near the power button. However, even this blue light stops flashing after a period of time. I've tried resetting the mp3 player, and I've left it plugged to the computer to recharge if that was the problem, but still nothing.

Computer does not detect a playing device either.

Any help would be great!

Whiz Kid

Re: Creative Zen 8gb won't respond and just flashes blue light

Hi,
    How long do you have the Creative Zen connected to the computer?
    It may take a while to charge up the player if it is completely drained. However if the player is still not responding, it would be advisable to get in touch with support. Check the "Support" folder on your installation CD for Customer Support contact details.

Hey, since Saturday I have the same problem with my 4GB Zen. I can reset the player and turn it on again. It shows "creative" and "Zen" on the display, jumps to?the last?title (music) and a second later it shuts down (black display) but?the blue light keeps burning. Grrrrrrrrr! I don't know what to do. It is not that easy to get in contact with the support.......!

Hello!!!

st ever post. how exciting!!

Er....yeah. Mine has started to do this too. Ive had it for 8 months. And today, it wont turn on, and the only 'life' i can get out of it is the blue light flashing on & off when i connect it to the computer....will this 'recovery tool' thing help?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Super Contributor

ed93,
    When the unit shuts down (black display), do you still hear the music playing? If you do, check the Display Timer under Player Settings and see how long it is set up.
    moz,
    You could try that Recovery Tool, it do helps in most cases.
    Good luck.

Hi Richard, thanks for your help! But as soon the unit shuts down and I press any button, NOTHING will happen. The display still keeps black, the blue light is still on, and to turn off the player I have to use the reset button. After that, the blue light turns off.

HELP!

Super Contributor

Hi ed93,
    Seems like a hardware issue...
    Can you try the Recovery Tool? See if that hel

ps.

Otherwise, get in touch with Support so that they could assist you more.

My Creative zen 4gb can only be turned on when I connect it first to the computer, and after that, I can turn it on without the use of a computer. But if I don't use for a few hours, it won't turn on again, and I have to connect it to the computer again. Even if battery is full, I get the same problem. ?I've also used the recovery tool. Still same problem. Any idea how I can fix this?

Hello.

Just wanted to say that the MP3 recovery tool worked a treat. So THANK YOU!!!

Super Contributor

Hi Moz!
    Glad it works.
    Enjoy your unit.