Thread: Problem of MTP Device Driver not installing on XP

Problem of MTP Device Driver not installing on XP SP3

Hi all, I have a ZEN 32Gig and when I tried plugging it into my XP SP3 machine I would get an error because of the MTP Driver. I installed the same device fine on a couple of XP SP2 machines but the machine I really wanted to use with it has SP3 on it. I know I should avoid SP3 for a while but this machine is my test machine to see if and how stable SP3 really is. If it blows up, so be it.

After searching for a while to find a fix I came across a Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit on Microsoft's site. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

After installing the kit and restarting the machine, the MTP Device installed fine and my device was able to be seen with both WMP and the Creative Sync Manager program.

I figured I'd just post the fix on here to save others the time I wasted looking for the fix.

Eric
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Re: Problem of MTP Device Driver not installing on XP SP3

I have the same problem and the fix doesnt help?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Sorry to hear it didn't help you. Shouldn't matter but try this just incase: Open Device Manager & delete the MTP devices Run the Install from the link above Restart Or try to update the drivers on the MTP devices to ensure that they are using the new drivers you installed. Might want to try to manually install the drivers and select the newer version. Unfortunately I can't go look at the driver versions and all because the machine I was using has been reimaged back to XP SP2 since SP3 was causing it to hang a lot. The fix above wasn't needed on that same machine when it had SP2 on it so it must be a SP3 problem or it was a fluke. Not sure which. Good luck! Eric

Many Thanks to you Eric! Now, my problem is solved! I did like this: I connected my Zen Vision M 30 GB to my PC, opened the Device Manager and double-clicked on Portable Devices. There was a problem with the Creative Zen Vision M device so I right-clicked on it and choosed to Update the driver automatically. The error icon on the Creative device disappeared and my Zen Vision M was connected to my PC. In some way or another the Zen Vision M driver was corrupted or removed during the installation of XP SP3. Thanks to you Eric, I didn?t needed to uninstall the sp3 update. It may also be a risky move to do that? If it is at all possible?

Thanks again Eric? / Kent

Problem of MTP Device Driver SOLVED?

# I faced the same prob with ma ZEN Mozaic 4GB with XP SP3,after i did all that and downloaded the MTP from Microsoft,nothing solved ,but at last i solved it by downloading the lastest version of Microsoft Media Player and installed it over my current version although it was also Ver,and Now All Fine and Works
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:57 PM.