Thread: Problems with the Zen Vision:M 6

Problems with the Zen Vision:M 60GB

I'm experiencing a lot hangs and lockups with my Zen Vision:M 60GB,
    the newest firmware that is viable for the Zen Vision:M 60GB already
    on my Zen Vision:M 60GB, firmware version .2.02e, sometimes the
    clean up in the service mode works fine, had also a situation
    that everything went so bad that it lockedup when I turned my Zen on,
    had then to refresh the firmware and lost all my music on its hard dri've,
    costed me hours to get everything back on it.

Please, Creative do something about these lockups bring new firmware out
    that solves these problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please start supporting the Zen Vision:M 60GB again.

Uber Guru

Re: Problems with the Zen Vision:M 60GB

How old is that player? Just curious. I can say this though it's a hardri've, it has moving parts not meant to be used while jogging. Dropping can kill it the dri've is meant to be handled carefully.:smileysurprised:Unfortunately that's what the owners sometimes forget. If you dropped or handled your laptop the way I know a lot of people handle these players, how long do you think it would continue to work? Cleanup is like defragging your computer hardri've.:smileyindifferent: I know alot of folks don't do that & wonder why their computer is running slow & having errors. Now if they had just used a flash dri've in the Zen Vision M(cost would be too exspensi've right now) all would be lovely.

The mp3 player is year old, I'm not using it while I'm jogging, I've always handled it with care because I know a hard dri've's limitations when it comes to severe shocks. The Zen Vision:M I have came out of box with the newest firmware, I've did some research, seems that creative is not taking these problems seriously, a lot of people are having these lockups with these models 30GB version and 60GB old version and new thinner 60GB version, there are a lot of forums reporting hangs and lockup with these devices.

The lockups are happening while repeatedly switching from track to track or when using it normally. I have the Zen always laying flat on my desk at home when I'm using it, it has never fallen, has never gone trough severe shocks.

Uber Guru

I'm not disagreeing with you. i was commenting on your post. I? happen to agree. A friend of mine has the 60gb he bought refurbished from Creative about a year ago. His motherboard is needing replacement. I did manage to find him one. The dri've is alot easier to find than that was.But it's fixed now($00.00 later)

I use Widows XP Professional SP3 and Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 with medially .
    I can't see why this matters because the problems are located at the player itself, I've got no
    problems with moving files to the player or any problems with connecting the player with the computer,
    I'm experiencing a lot of freezups of the firmware of the player, harddisk keeps running, it does that
    till the battery is low or till I push reset, sometimes this doesn't help at all, the operating system at
    the harddri've gets somehow damaged by the instability of the filesystem, reflashing the firmware helps
    the. Problems appear to be a software problem with the firmware, the player went away for repairs once,
    with this problem, they have checked the harddisk, harddisk was fine but the os crapped up it's self
    somehow, know this because I asked them to tell me every thing what was wrong and how they solved this,
    asked them also how I could fix the player myself? if it was no hardware problem.
    They told me to reflash the firmware and format the dri've from the service mode out.

Uber Guru

That is my sig. If you notice it's at the bottom of everything I post. It's a reminder to whom ever reads a post I replied to that the information usually matters. Did you do what they said to do? Did it solve your problem(at least til the next time)? I alot of people have problems loading firmware when Media Player is installed on their computer. Don't believe it look at the top of the page for mp3 support forum. A sticky thread about Updating firmware with media player it may say beta but the problem is still relevant even though mediaplayer is not a beta program anymore.Alot of the players can not update firmware on a Vista computer Why because Media player is part of the operating system & you can not "rollback" to WMP0. In fact your firmware problem may do better if you rollback WMP to 0. It's just a suggestion.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 11:08 AM.