Thread: How to enable sound for my center, rear and side speakers using CMSS feature from my soundcard?

How to enable sound for my center, rear and side speakers using CMSS feature from my soundcard?

What is CMSS? and how to use it

The following information are abstracted from our Knowledgebase on CMSS. Please check the case relevant to your sound card below. You can also access the article on directly from the URL below. Knowledgebase article

How to enable CMSS in Creative MediaSource for Sound Blaster Audigy LS series
    • Go Start, All Programs, Creative, Creative MediaSource, and click on the Creative MediaSource Player or the Creative MediaSource Organizer.
    • Click on the EAX button to enable EAX. The button should now be highlighted in green.
    • Next, click on the little buttons next to the EAX button, which will bring up the Creative EAX Console.
    • In the EAX Console, check the CMSS 3D tab, then check the box next to Enable CMSS 3D.
    • Select ether CMSS or Stereo Surround and close the EAX Console.
    You can also open the EAX Console by clicking Start, All Programs, Creative Audigy LS, EAX Console.

How to turn CMSS on and off with the Sound Blaster Extigy?
    • Using Remote Center: Press the CMSS button to toggle on and off. Ensure that speaker settings are set to 4., 5. or Auto.
    • Using Play Center: In the Play Center mini-view, expand the right hand panel and click on CMSS. Choose On or Off. Ensure that speaker settings are at 4., 5. or Auto.
    Message Edited by Jason-CL on 04-2-2007 2:07 PM
    Admin notes: Updated the links - KokChoy
    Message Edited by KokChoy-CL on 06-27-2008 04:18 PM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 11-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Re: How to enable sound for my center, rear and side speakers using CMSS feature from my soundcard?

Sound Blaster X-Fi - Enabling Creative Multispeaker Surround (CMSS)

The following information are abstracted from our Knowledgebase on CMSS. Please check the case relevant to your sound card below. You can also access the article on directly from the URL below.

Knowledgebase article SID4788

If you are listening to stereo content like MP3's or CD's and you would like the sound to be played over your surround sound speaker system, you can enable CMSS 3D on your X-Fi card. If you are playing computer games, the X-Fi's Virtual 3D via CMSS gives a highly realistic surround sound over headphones.

It is important to remember that if you do wish to play a 5. encoded file like Dolby or DTS soundtracks, you will need to turn CMSS off. Otherwise you might not receive each discreet channel.
    Please select the mode: (More information about changing the Mode).
    Entertainment mode
    In Entertainment mode, select the 3D button.

http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/wwimages/audio_int/xfi/xfi_cmss_entertainment.JPG

http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/wwimages/audio_int/xfi/xfi_cmss_entertainment2.JPG

http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/wwi...rtainment2.JPG

Game mode
    Note: CMSS is not supported in Music Creation mode.
    Message Edited by KokChoy-CL on 07-04-2008 04:28 PM
    Last edited by Kok-Choy-XCL-; 11-24-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Contributor

Re: How to enable sound for my center, rear and side speakers using CMSS feature from my soundcard?

I don't have that option in my Creative Entertainment console, and product description says that this function is available for Creative SB X-FI Pro 5.1 USB.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Gerchan,

CMSS 3D has been replaced by SBX Pro Studio's, SBX Surround in the X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro. You can check out this thread in another forum.

If you want CMSS 3D you may have to uninstall your current driver and install the older driver for X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro.
    You can download the older version of the driver here.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dinopkk View Post
    Hi Gerchan,

CMSS 3D has been replaced by SBX Pro Studio's, SBX Surround in the X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro. You can check out this thread in another forum.

If you want CMSS 3D you may have to uninstall your current driver and install the older driver for X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro.
    You can download the older version of the driver here.
    Installation failed, it couldn't detect my Creative SB X-FI pro 5.1

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gerchan View Post
    Installation failed, it couldn't detect my Creative SB X-FI pro 5.1
    Sorry about that Gerchan, I didn't know that the new X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro can't work with the old driver. Maybe the firmware is different that causes the device to not work with the old driver.