Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations?

Hi everybody, just arri'ved ! Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Italy...
    This is my first message, but I've been reading this thread for months, trying to make my Audigy 2 work OK.
    I've tried to apply almost EVERY suggestion I read here and there to stop the static noise (irregular pops, mostly after PC boot and after using the soundcard to listen music at high volumes), but never got rid of them for more then minutes...

In my mind it's AN HARDWARE PROBLEM due to an insufficient magnetic shild: if I leave my PC case OPEN (without lateral pannels) in one or two minutes it STOPS popping !
    So I tried to bild my home made (very ugly to see...) magnetic shield, using a film of alluminium (in Italy it's selled as Domopack, 2 euro for 6 meters...). I rounded my card with the aluminium, using some thick paper supports to avoid electrical contact with the PCB, leaving obviously some windows for the PCI and the external connectors.

Now I'm testing it from more then 3 days and IT'S WORKING OK :smileysurprised:
    I tried with 2 different boot dri'ves (either with Creative official and/or modded drivers) and NO MORE POPS !
    I know it's too early to say "POPS are defeated !", but I will keep on testing my ridicolous workaround and post here my results, if you want...
    Maybe it will be useful for someone else...

SuperMario69?

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations?

I've had enough. The X-Fi platinum is getting removed today. Even with SLI disabled I still have issues.

I am going to install the card that came with my Asus Maximus 3 Formula motherboard.

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

I do have a crackling sound with Creative, but thats only in-games. I changed probably about a 0 or 20 driver version (properly cleaned the system) nothing works, i tested my hardware and even when the computer is under heavy load theare are not DPC Latency Spikes, so if i can summary this - CREATIVE fix your **bleep** drivers, cause its pathetic to be advertized as a gaming sound cards and to sell a non-working piece of s**t. Go to the Auzen forum, they have the same problems, if anything i think the software developers at creative must be fired and hire a completly new team. I find temporary fixes (few minutes) by changing the profiles when the game is loaded, or inceasing the Process Priority of CTxfispi.exe and CTxfihlp.exe but thats temporary and its not working always.

Trusted Contributor

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurationsn

Signed. I ask for a fix from Creative for a long long time. I really like my card but support is bad

This is good news I guess.

I can run less than 4 gigs of memory and have my SLI disabled and still have issues. There have been times when my PC has been idle and I still get the noises through my speakers.

Yes, I DID IT !

As you can read some posts before, my Audigy 2 have been always "popping", so I tried to build an home made magnetic shield using (cooking...) aluminium film... and IT WORKS !!!
    Now I'm testing it from about 20 days and I've heard only few pops from then... really, I mean 0 - 20 single pops in 20 days, mostly at system boot, "one pop a day..."
    Keep in mind that my PC has 4 HDs, 3 optical units, 4 fans, wireless USB adapter, USB DVB-T receiver and many internal electrical cables... magnetic noise was the issue.
    So, POPS are defeated Hope this can help someone else

SuperMario69
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations.

I did all possible. Changed drivers (KX and modded Creative ones), changed slots, shielded as SuperMario69 wrote...nothing.

I have old Audigy2. It crackle-pops in XP, in Win7 32bit or 64bit over three years now...until today

Symptoms were: slightly more noise in left channel, crackles in left channel when inputs are "enabled" (even with no signal present). Crackles dissapeared from left ch when inputs "disabled" but then it started same crackles in right channel. Now only with some louder audio signal present...

Definitely soundcard's hardware problem!

So I desoldered ALL 22uF/6V capacitors. Measured them...they're only 2...5uF.
    Certainly, it doesn't mean much, capacitance can be lower sometimes, 50% loss isn't a big deal.

Wierd was that ALL these capacitors had much lower capacity. No exeptions.
    It possibly means that all capacitors were very low quality ones.
    Ageing is one thing of course, most capacitors do loose their capacity after years of use, but I have high quality ones retained their capacity after 40 years!

What I did...changed these caps to high quality (audio grade) 0uF/6V ones. And then I changed some 00uF/6V to 68uF/6V. That's because I had plenty of them
    No more crackles, noises whatsoever! Channels are equal.

I know it is hard work and sometimes it's cheaper to buy another card but as electronican I was just interested...

(sorry my bad english...)
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Ubuntu 0.0 is the solution.

Really, Linux is so much better. I did EVERYTHING possible in windows. Nothing helped. Linux saved my life.

Go guys try it it's only 800MB install disc...

If you have "CE mode support" option in BIOS (somewhere in the CPU or Power Saving option menus), disable it. For me, disabling CE support eliminated crackling and constant static completely.

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

I have the new x-fi fatality with front panel and it crackles in my headphones all day long when something more is done thatn watching the desktop..
    i have only one graficcard (gtx460) on a gigabyte mainboard.
    All brandnews system 2 weeks ol.

iam a looong time creative soundblaster user and had all the x-fis before.
    my last one was the li've platinum with the remote - i had it running on windows XP.
    Now iam on windows 7 and really - it sucks with that crackling noise.
    it just dri'ves me nuts.

i did only read 5 pages of this thread.but i assume there is no solution for me out there as to return the card and get another brand.

iam really disapointed about it.not to start speaking about the leak of connection possibilities at the front panel in comparison to the older version.

honestly if my li've5. would run flawless under windows 7 - i swar to god i would throw away that fatality card.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.