Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

Regular Contributor

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations?

Same problem is mentioned here:

http ://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/Crackle-Pop-Distortion-Crappy-Sound-Windows-7-with-more-then-4GB/m-p/57732/highlight/false#M60936
    Last edited by Loi; 10-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurationsS

I found the solution for me - no cracks no pops

http: //forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/Noise-Crackling-cracking-pop-sounds-from-my-Soundblaster-solved/td-p/57776
    Last edited by Loi; 10-28-2011 at 02:22 PM.

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations ?

Although the interference method might work for some, I suspect it has more to do with what slot you have your x-fi installed into, and you might have had your problem go away simply becuase you installed it into a different slot, without realizing it, thinking your shielding is what did it.

-I Have dual MSI hawk Nvidida gtx 460 gpus in SLI mode.
    -8gigs of RAM.
    -Overclocked I7 @ 3.7ghz
    -Msi BIGBANG xpower motherboard. (must have latest bios)
    -SSD RevoDri've.
    -Windows7 64bit pro
    -3d vision enabled
    -x-fi fitality extreme
    -corsair ax850 power supply.
    -strict power and signal wire routing, with tie wraps
    -very experienced pc engineer with electronic engineering background.

System worked fine for many months then started exibiting the static / dolby digital dropout's when playing WorldOfWarcraft, in 3Dvision mode TODAY.

After researching the issue, and trying all suggestions of SOFTWARE fixes, nothing worked.
    (beta drivers, and even the supposed nvidia registry fix)

I then took my X-FI fitality extreme OUT of the X pci slot, and installed it into an X6 slot.
    The static issues went away. So did the dolby digital dropouts.

I then installed it back into the X slot and the issue came back.

I suggest everyone install their X-Fi cards in a x6 slot until creative and nvidia fix this issue with SLI and X-Fi

Because my videocards are not top of the line, one in a x6 slot and another in a x8 slot won't make much difference (if even at all) than having both videocards in x6 slots. I would be willing to bet even todays TOP vid cards can't use all x6 bandwidth, and would work fine if one was as x8.

Get that x-fi into another slot, preferrably an x6 slot, if you have a free one that isn't disabled from nearby slots being filled.

Nvidia driver version 270.6 lets x-fi work fine in x slot with sli disabled.
    Nvidia driver version 275.33 won't let x-fi work in x slot with sli enabled or disabled.

(they broke something in latest driver)

Nvidia driver version 270.6 lets x-fi work fine in x6 slot with sli enabled.
    Nvidia driver version 275.33 lets x-fi work fine in x6 slot with sli enabled.

I did NOT need to do any kind of special shielding.

I WANT to be able to use driver version 275.33 with x-fi in x slot, so i can use my x6 slots for graphics, not a sound card (thats why I purchased the BigBang motherboard)

If anyone would like pictures of my setup, I can provide them in a reply.. Ask in a reply.

Contributor

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations?Bought and built an AMD system based on the 890FX chipset, was told by mobo manufacutre that they were unable to find out why I was getting the same static problem? all the Nvidia chipsets with SLI have been having. NO SLI just one video card and all the system components are AMD, other than the SB X-fi card.
    So, it is not just Nvidia that is having this issue, it is most of the new chipsets themselves, modifiying or changing the timeing for the PCI bridge does nothing to stop or even reduce the noise level, NONE of the fixes listed? here in these forums or any other forum have worked to fix the static issue which seems to be connected to the SATA 6 access of the dri've itself.
    Have no idea if this can be fixed without the participation of Creative, but I am sure thier lack of support for these issues points to the fact that it will get worst with IMHO no reduction in issues or problems. Also, I have looked but have been unable to find any replacement sound card offered by Creative that has the same spec's as the X-fi, which leads me to believe they know about this and are trying to ignore the problem until they have no one using that card any more

Glenn A Nicholson
    IT Specilist/ Manager

Re: XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations U

Quote Originally Posted by TechAnalyst View Post
    Im stating creative Titaniums dont have issues with the x58 platform, I cannot speak for creatives other cards, just for the Titaniums which work flawlessly.
    I have to Disagree with you on this point I am one with a X58 motherboard and I get distortion from my Titanium card So much so that I had to pull it from my machine and no I am not SLI enabled I am running 1 Nvidia 460gtx card and to date have not found a workaround for my issue with the sound card

Trusted Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

Re: XRe: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations?

Quote Originally Posted by JCOnline View Post
    From what I've heard neither Vista or 7 like Virtualization Technology. It can result in BSOD etc.

But what really makes me wonder is what CPU throttling has to do with a Sound Blaster card? I mean - CPU throttling is exclusi've to the CPU and has nothing to do with the FSB or PCI-bus? :smileyindifferent:

C states, especially those which power off cores increases ISR latency and increases DPC occurences which may result in higher DPC Latency.

Issues with static

I have read the post about the sli nvidia cards causing static "since I am using sli" but that doesnt cause the issue it only happens in smite to my knowledge was wondering what I can do to fix it I am using A zxr

Visitor

Re: Static noise from soundcards encountered with Nvidia dual SLI graphic configurations

A lot of issues may be resolved by disabling the "Link State Power Management" for PCI / PCI Express in the Windows Power options. The cards don't like power management on the PCI bus.