Thread: sound blaster live drive 3 model sb0010

sound blaster live drive 3 model sb00101

'sound blaster li've dri've 3 model sb000 i have received a sound blaster li've dri've 3 model sb000 and i am getting a mixed bag of which cards this li've dri've works with. the manual i found says it works with all sound blaster li've cards that support external audio sources and then online some people on some sites say its only compatable with the sound blaster sb0060 card. who is right and is there a driver for the li've dri've 3 sb000 or how does it work? i have a sound blaster ct4830 will this work with the card and how would i set it up and who would have the drivers. i know xp automaticly installs the card but would xp automaticly install the li've dri've as wellMessage Edited by rmx88 on 06-30-2009 2:24 PM

Super Guru

Re: sound blaster live drive 3 model sb0010H

Here is what I have found with the old li've dri'ves. I bought one of the first li've dri'ves with my very first Sound Blaster Li've!'s then I bought the 5., and then the Audigy 2ZS with its I/O bay. i/o bay and li've dri've are interchangeable terms to me. I have used my very first Li've dri've with my Audigy 2Z and Fatality Pro Pci-regular. Simply plug in the "old style 40 pin ide type cable" and the power source. Reboot your machine. Then you will have a new tab in your Creative Control Panel. The panel will now have options for Line2/Mic 2 etc. These are not alternate inputs and recording sources. These are usable in Windows 7 and Vista as well as XP.

Older Li've Dri'ves work with newer cards, but not all newer Li've Dri'ves work with older cards. For example, the Audigy 2 ZS has a firewire connector that plugs on to the sound card, so if your card has no firewire port connection that part of the dri've wont work. But the microphone, input and midi connectors will. Just make sure that the I/O bay/Li've Dri've is plugged in with the floppy power source connector and that your ribbon cables pink edge is plugged in on PIN on the card and I/O bay. Otherwise, some of the bay's functions will work and others will show up in the control panel but will not work. Hope this hel

ps.

?

Super Guru

Re: sound blaster live drive 3 model sb0010?

I just looked at a picture of your I/O bay and it will work with the newest Fatality PCI sound cards as well as an Audigy ,2 and 4.