Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central?

> Sorry about the post necro, but yesterday I received a VadoHD for Christmas and I believe I am experiencing the same problem

Shooting and playback on the device itself is fine, and also viewing in the VadoHD software is fine, and so is viewing in Windows Media Player. But when I try using Winamp or any similar program it plays upside-down and mirrored (flipped.) Do I need a codec for HD video or something?

I also have this issue since I updated firmware and software. Can't find a single fix for it either! Looks like lots of customers have this issue but Creative don't care (again!)

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Centrall

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried? re-installing/upgrading the software to no avail

Is this site monitored by Creative? Doesn't appear so since so many people have this problem and there is no comment regarding a fix..

Hello Creative? Solutions?

> when i first posted about this issue (on page ), i was encouraged by the fact that kok-choy, an administrator, responded. unfortunately, i haven't heard anything back since then.

i agree, there are quite a few of us that have had the problem but you'd think, on a Creative forum, there'd be some monitoring and response by Creative.

i see that the vado hd is up to gen3...i wonder if Vado Central has been updated to solve this issue. anyone?

I've upgraded my Vado Central with the latest release (compatible with Windows 7) but alas, it still does not show the thumbnails right-side up....

Whiz Kid

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Centrala

>Sorry, I was not able to reproduce this issue despite testing the Vado HD on several test PCs with different OS. Those who have not done so already, please log a case with our Customer Support so that they run you through the troubleshooting ste

ps.

Uber Guru

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

> If you are viewing the thumbnails of the files stored in your Vado device via Vado Central and the thumbnails appear upside down, try deleting the thumbnail cache files in the root of the DCIM folder of your Vado device. Sometimes, the cache files are "corrupted".

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

> are you referring to the thumbnail.db file? I deleted it, then executed the Desktop Central which recreated the .db file. The thumbnails are still upside down....

If I misundestood your suggestion, please advise...thanks,
    G

> Mine just started doing this today. It only happens with Vado's Nati've files. I can play any other videos from my PC through Vado and it plays fine. But even the raw files created with the Vado a couple weeks ago, that were copied to my PC now play inverted. They played correctly when originally created. They are not rotated, but flipped bottom to top. The ones edited with WMM or Pinnacle Studio still play correctly. Just the raw ones are flipped