Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Software Autoupdate Application

(Creative Software Autoupdate Application?

Dear Sound Blaster Users,

It has come to our attention that our users would like to know the reason behind installing the Creative Software Autoupdate application. Below is an explanation of what it does:

Creative Software Autoupdate Application
    This application is a software upgrade tool designed to make your software updates for Creative products easy and efficient. This is just one of the ways we ensure that you always get maximum performance for your Creative products.

Creative Software Autoupdate detects Creative products and software installed on your PC and determines whether your PC contains the latest versions of Creative software and drivers. When updates are available, the application will provide you with a listing of essential, critical and recommended updates to download and install to your PC.

Creative Software Autoupdate uses a small, downloadable module. This is an Acti'veX Control that runs only this specific task. It does not self-activate unless you initiate the program. If you wish to remove the application, simply locate the program file, "Creative Software Autoupdate" from the Internet Explorer. From the Tools menu in the Internet Explorer, choose Internet Options, then select Settings under Temporary Internet Files. A list should appear. Choose Creative Software Autoupdate and press Delete.

How Creative Software Autoupdate works
    - It ensures up to date Creative applications on your system by scheduling checks when you connect to Internet.
    - It also checks for bonus applications available for your product.

Note
    No personal information is collected or sent to Creative Labs during the Software Update process. Only system and product information are required for the AutoUpdate analysis to determine the right software component and version to be updated.

Message Edited by Loi-CL on 07-29-2009 2:0 AM
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Top Contributor

reative Software Autoupdate Application Doesn't work on win 76

Any body else notice it's I'm using RC build 700
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Super Guru

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application Doesn't work on win 7

robert,

Have you run the program in compatibility mode? The browser plug ins do not work under 64 bit browsers I know, because I tried to use them.
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Super Contributor

Worked fine for me i'm afraid.
    Win 7 RC700 x64
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Top Contributor

Hmm ok I have to look into more then . Maybe it's I don't used Comp mode as offten lol. Maybe thats why doesn't work thanks guys. I'd used 32bit version I can't run x64 I don't have enough ram I only got .5gigs.
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Super Guru

Robert,

To the best of my knowledge that is one of the reason Dan K. started modding the packs was so that the drivers and installable applications worked seamlessly during installation of 32 and 64 bit opsystem driver installs. If you are installing some 32 bit apps on a 64 bit system, they sometimes hang and do nothing. But since you are not running a 64 bit system. you may not have seen these types of errors, but you will get there soon.
    Ram is really reasonably priced right now, and I love the responsi'veness of my 64 bit vista system.

Some of your users with the PAX sets may have errors with your unified installs unless they run them in compatibility mode, but I have not run one of your sets in a while. Cheers to you though, and keep doing what you are doing, both to you Robert and to the original poster of the thread.

Message Edited by jmacguire on 07-28-2009 04:09 PM
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Top Contributor

Ya I'm thinking about Up the Ram my new board can hold up 4 or 6gigs of ram on intel 865PCD board hehe. I have windows 7 home editon as christmas gift comming me later this year so I got while.
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Super Guru

Trust me Robert, I love running 8 gigs of ram and have a billion programs open, and not a slowdown in sight. I hope Christmas is good to you.
    Last edited by Loi; 10-26-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Why does the 64bit require more memory? the dwm.exe proces consumes no extra memory on the 64bit version for each additional window of a spcific program that is open, Like I can open 5 copies of mozilla firefox under the 64bit edition and the dwm process will occupy the same amount as if I only had instant of firefox open. On the 32bit version of Windows 7 the dwm process would increase in size with each instance of firefox open.

Super Contributor

It doesn't, it's just that 64 bit versions of Window's properly support more than 2Gbs of RAM.