Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Software Autoupdate Application

Trusted Contributor

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application Doesn't work on win 7

Yeah I've always suspected that, so the 2gig minimum spec. for the 64bit version is a false minimum spec. then!
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application

Hi,

I have a problem with my Creative Software AutoUpdate.

I downloaded? and installed the new drivers today for my X-Fi Titanium via the Creative Software AutoUpdate, Driver 2.7.0007 to be exact. But after it finished installing, I didnt get any pop-up message about installing new drivers or rebooting my PC. So I rebooted without any pop-u

ps.

After I rebooted, drivers were installed and all worked fine. BUT the Creative Software AutoUpdate stopped working and gave me an error saying:
    Shortcut missing. So I went to the directory of the file: "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Software Update" and I found that my AutoUpdate.exe was missing! How can I get it back? Could someone please tell me where I can download it's

Btw, this happend on both Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Applications

I had the same? problem so I downloaded and installed the drivers manually and now autoupdate is working again.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application?

No problems with it here, I disable that stupid thing as soon as I can. What would be real nice is the option to NOT even install it in the first place.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application9

@jslynch

Thanks. It works now.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-27-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application!

Glad I could help out, Underx.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 12:44 PM.

I have Windows Vista 32 bit and have the exact same problem with using the autoupdate feature. This time everything got really screwed up. I saw there were two updates to be had. It downloaded the drivers first, installed them, but did not ask for the usual reboot. It also did not install the other update, which was the console. I went back and checked again for updates and once again had to tell it to install the console. It did, but then it did ask for a reboot. Upon reloading Vista I got a missing module error. I found that I also could not load the autoupdate program as it just was not there.

Creative, I am pissed. I did a restore. Autoupdate works again, but instead of having the pretty blue screen in the autoupdate window, everything is a nasty black and white...
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-27-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Re: Creative Software Autoupdate Application?

I seem to have Vista back in order, but this issue really messed with me. Even after the restore, things were screwy here and there. The blue background in the autoupdate window is still missing, however. It all seems to work, but I am puzzled as to why there is this cosmetic change. At any rate, this has been an ordeal that I did not expect, and did not have time for. I'm staying away from autoupdate other than to tell me if there are updates available. I would greatly appreciate it if someone from creative would step in here and explain, and someone tell me what steps need to be taken to properly move on from here and get those two updates installed without anymore hassle..

Thanks in advance..
    BB
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Well I spoke too soon. The darn console launcher will not load. I am manually downloading these two updates now in hopes the rest of this bs gets resolved. CREATIVE?
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 12:45 PM.

What a mess.. Never mind, everyone. All appears to be as it should be now. Even the blue in the autoupdater is back. I have never.....

BB
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 12:45 PM.