Thread: How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?

How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?Y

:How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?Y Two days ago I bought a Soundblaster Audigy SE-retail soundcard. I have a dual boot PC with Windows XP-SP3 and Windows 7 RC. The installation of the soundcard?in Windows XP was easy, no problems, good sound.
    But how to install in Windows 7 RC ?

I have the installation and applications CD with XP and Vista drivers and I have the driver-download from Creative.com SB24PCDRV LB 0 - 04 - 0090.

Windows 7 tells me "No device for audio output is installed". Windows automaticly?installed a driver, but that doesn't work. (code 39). The driver download from?creative does not install new drivers and when I try it manually Windows tells me "The best driver is already installed"

When I uninstall?the driver that Windows installed and try to install the downloaded?creative driver for Windows 7, the driver will not install, and Windows message is something like "?no audio device is installed on this computer"

What to do ? A computer without sound is nothing...

Thanks,

Arie

Super Contributor

Re: How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC??

[url="http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-P7X-Series-Support-Pack-2-0-07-3-2009-AudigySE-Value-LS/td-p/53329" rel="nofollow">With this pack here[/url].
    You've got Dan K to thank for this.

Super Guru

Re: How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?%

>Re: How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?% Meocene is 00% on the money. Dan K.'s pack is the best. I have used the pack on four different systems with AUDIGY LS and SE cards that I bought cheaply (all four on Ebay for $40). The package has worked under XP, Vista, and Windows 7 very well.

I have friends that play Left4Dead and they have been immensely pleased when playing the games in their flats with or without headphones, as compared to their old "onboard RE--t-k" sound.

The package also works well on a Gateway or HP machine when disabling onboard audio first then installing the Audigy and installing drivers and apps for the first time. Gi've up on using your old CDs, you will only run into a mountain of trouble trying to "Auto-Update" all that with the newest patches.

> Thanks for the answers. Unfortunally the soundcard will not work with the Dan K?drivers. The fault-code is 39.Windows 7 still has a speaker with red cross in the taskbar: "?No device for audio-output is installed on this computer".
    The drivernr. is 5.2..206.
    I also tried again?the Creative download? SB24PCDRV LB 0 - 04 - 0090... The same results and no sound.

Thanks,

Arie?

Super Contributor

Re: How to install The Soundblaster Audigy SE in Windows 7 RC?y

This may be one for CLs tech support.
    Do you recieve that error message during the installation or after?

During the installation there are no error messages. (Only the Windows security warning by?the installation of the?Dan K pack).
    I have images of the errors, but I don"t know how to insert them in this message.

Arie