Thread: MTP USB Device not recognized under Windows 7 Ultimate

6MTP USB Device not recognized under Windows 7 Ultimate?

Hey everybody, I'm sure there are plenty of similar threads about this issue, however I haven't seen any with Windows 7 as OS.

My problem is in the recognition of the driver, since the MTP device is not working properly. I've tried alot of possible solutions, but none of them have worked, i.e the removal of the driver in device manager, tried a custom script for the inf file, deleting of all USB/portable related drivers.

Its sad that no recovery tools are yet compatible with Windows 7, atleast not that I'm aware of.

Please, throw some more suggestions/ideas! My Zen works perfectly fine under XP btw.

Re: MTP USB Device not recognized under Windows 7 Ultimate

I was having the same problem with my Zen Vision:M under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    No matter what I tried from deleting the usb root hubs and reinstalling drivers, nothing would get the mtp usb device driver to load.

I found that the mtp usb device driver will load correctly as long as you are plugging the USB cable into a direct port and not running it through a USB hub. At first I thought it might be due to an incorrect USB voltage, but the hub I'm using is a powered Belkin hub. Very strange!

So give that a shot -- run the USB straight to a port out the back of your computer. Don't use a USB hub or ports off your monitor since that is actually a hub as well.

Good luck! http://forums.mycreativefansite.com/...ify_inline.gif
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-31-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: MTP USB Device not recognized under Windows 7 Ultimate?

Coopsterman32's suggestion might work. There is also a section here in the forums regarding Windows 7. you might want to give that a check.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/s...lectronics.jpg
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-31-2011 at 11:59 AM.