Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creative ALchemy Guide and FAQ

Re: Creative ALchemy Guide and FAQ

I'm having problems with Alchemy, Skype, Apple QuickTime and the 32-bit WMP in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Whilst everything else on the machine works fine sound-wise, anything that expects 32-bit access to sound and doesn't bother relying on the usual "bypasses" doesn't work. Those that expect a 32-bit physical sound card presence appear to be failing.

So the stuff from the Audigy_SupportPack_6_1 works fine, Daum PotPlayer is ok, Media Player Classic (32-bit and 64-bit) are happy. Windows Media Player 64 bit is fine. Skype version 7.3 works as well. But any version of Skype later than 7.15 fails to work, as do (as mentioned) the QuickTime and WMP 32-bit.

And Alchemy cannot even see the card. !!!!!!

Oddly enough, Adobe After Effects (which requires QuickTime presence, but doesn't depend on it for Audio) works ok as well.

I've tried just about everything - reinstallation-wise, Sound card, CODECS, Apps, the lot. And I've run out of ideas. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Rather annoyingly, this set up on this Win7 machine has been working fine for years until the recent spate of Microsoft Win-10 related installs and uninstalls via Microsoft update - although this may be just circumstantial.
    Last edited by BigAlUK; 10-12-2016 at 12:20 PM.

can someone confirm Alchemy works on Windows 10 64bit with AudigyRx or X-fi internal sound cards?

Trusted Contributor

Alchemy and OpenAL Works fine one my Titanium HD, support pack 4.0 on Windows 10 64-bit Creator Update.

so you get eax and ds3d working?

nvm i solved my problem
    Last edited by Ashanvale; 05-04-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanvale View Post
    so you get eax and ds3d working?

nvm i solved my problem
    Yes, just tested it again to be sure.