Thread: Getting Creative Media Explorer to Work with Vista 64-bit

9Getting Creative Media Explorer to Work with Vista 64-bitf

Im just wondering if anyone has gotten the Creative Media Explorer to work with Vista 64-bit's
    Im trying to get it to work with a Zen Vision M Player. It recoognizes the player no problem and installs the driver.
    I downloaded the latest Creative Media Explorer from the Creative site and it tries to install but then gives error message
    that it doesnt support the 64-bit operating system. Yes I have gone to properties and tried thecompatibility mode and no help.
    Anyone had any luck with this? Im really surprised since more and more people are using 64-bit versions of windows.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Uber Guru

Re: Getting Creative Media Explorer to Work with Vista 64-bitf

You are better off using Windows Media Player . You don't need any Creative software on a Vista computer. This is the 64bit software for the Vision M here. http://support.creative.com/download...ownloadId=0080

Re: Getting Creative Media Explorer to Work with Vista 64-bit?

I am amazed!!! Where did you find that?
    I have looked all over!!!
    Anyway thanks it worked.

I will also look into the WMP too.

Uber Guru

Re: Getting Creative Media Explorer to Work with Vista 64-bitF

solaris54 wrote:
    I am amazed!!! Where did you find that?
    I have looked all over!!!
    Anyway thanks it worked.

I will also look into the WMP too.
    The support page under MP3 players. They have changed it a while ago & it's difficult to navigate especially if you need things for some of the older players. Not real user friendly at all. I think you will like the new WMP vastly improved since first introduced in XP. It is a resource hog as are all apps like it. once you get it setup how you want it it's great. You can paste in the album art if it's missing by right-clicking where the album cover art should be & it always transfers to the player when you use WMP to sync the files.