Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAM

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMo

>Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMo just a short story:

my sound card history:
    - sound blaster 2.0
    - sound blaster awe32
    - sound blaster audigy2 zs

lets say i am a long time creative customer.

as i switched from win2k to winxp i had to buy a new sound card. driver problems with my awe32. for me the awe32 had been enough but what shells. and now, switch from winxp to win7 and i again should buy a new card?

i wrote the support, they said they need my serial number, i wrote back that they should look into their own forum, that a lot of their customers have the same problem and that i don't get my sound card out of my pc just to get the serial number.
    i wrote the next time i will remove my sound card is to put in a new one. but the new one will be no creative sound card. i don't get any reply to my email where i refused to send the serial number.

so i bought a new sound card:

ASUS Xonar D2 nice card, strable drivers, it simply works, asus support is available through phone...

good bye creative,
    you lost a customer.

Contributor

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMJ

I'm not willing to wait any longer. It has been over one and a half month now since Windows 7 has been released. Creative had enough time creating a working driver (keep in mind that the RC has been out even longer). They failed. I don't know any other company that treats their customers the way Creative does. I will make sure that I never buy a Creative product again. Also I will advise anyone to avoid Creative products at all costs. I really really hope that Creative suffers from their driver policy. I would be glad to see this company going bankrupt. They deserve it!

Contributor

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAM?

Relax, creative has been known to take years to get drivers working.

In the meantime, kx works quite well: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/"]http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/[/url]

Contributor

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RA

kX does NOT work. At least Windows 7 64 bit + surround sound is NOT working. See their forum why it isn't working.

Contributor

I only used headphones with kx - I know spdif didn't work.
    What did work, worked fine and all the time, though, like microphone in and stereo headphone out.

> Well this thread has scared the hell out of me!! :angry:

Upgrading in two weeks to Win7 64-Bit/6GB RAM/X58 based Mobo/Audigy 2 ZS. Don't use a mic. All I care about is audio playback (mp3's/cd's) and the 'record what you hear' function in CMS5. Has anyone had any issues doing this, or degraded audio quality with the July drivers?

If so, what am I to do? Onboard audio on my Mobo? Another card from another company?

Super Guru

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAM0

I am using on my three boxes:

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (Full size, not the tiny one)
    X-FI Titanium Pro Pci-Express
    X-Fi Fatality Pro PCI with i/o bay

I use the Daniel K. 2.0 support pack and the newest Creative drivers. I have no problem using "What U Hear" as a recording device. I have no microphone problems either. I am running a Gigabyte 790GX motherboard with 8 gigs of ram. NO problem with crackle or static. I have an ATI 4850 Gig card from Sapphire. No conflict whatsoever.

Contributor

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMG

This is about the Audigy 2 ZS and not about any X-FI product!

Super Guru

Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMI

>Re: Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7 64-Bit and more than 4GB of RAMI I was not trying to insult you at all. But Vista and Windows 7 address memory differently and have a different audio stack. The Audigy was designed years before this and thus the design of the card never took this change into account.

Now, understand, my Audigy2ZS is a great **bleep** card. It still works in a buddy's XP box, but that will not last forever.

I just want you to feel that there are alternati'ves that will not cost you a fortune. I bought a Dell OEM Xtreme Music last week, and that card is tearing through Windows 7. The card has optical in and out, and is almost a cross between an
    X-Fi Fatality Platinum and X-FI Titanium. Therefore I said, no problems with those cards. But you are having an Audigy problem. Take care and I hope you find a solution or alternati've.

Whiz Kid

Hi all,

?

Some of you may have received?a PM from me asking for NFO files, please reply?to my PM if you have already?done so or if you?are having some difficulty?transferring. Thanks.