Thread: Windows 7 won't install any Audigy 2 ZS drivers

Windows 7 won't install any Audigy 2 ZS drivers6

I did a clean install of Windows 7 and noticed right away, that the drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS didn't get installed. Here is the error I was given via device manager / properties for card:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    This operation requires an interacti've window station.

Drivers I've tried:

• From Windows Update, dated October 4, 2008<
    • Creative's website, Driver version?2.8.00, dated July 3 2009
    • Creative's website, Beta driver version 2.8.00, dated Oct 2009
    • Creative's website, Vista driver 2.2.0002, dated March 6, 2007
    • danielk's audigy support pack 3.5
    When I tried the Creative executables and danielk's support pack, I do not get any errors during any parts of the install(s).

Windows Updates says the install failed with unknown reason. When I attempt to "update driver" through device manager, it says it finds the driver but it gives me the same error as mentioned?above: This operation requires an interactive window station.

--------

What else can I try? I've also done an "upgrade" install of Windows 7 on top of the clean install (out of desperation). At this point, I feel like reloading my XP imaged install,?so I can have working audio again.

So, please, if there is something I can try, then please help. Is there a way to do a "logged" install and send it to someone at Creative?

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Colin-XCL-; 11-22-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Re: Windows 7 won't install any Audigy 2 ZS drivers?

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to figure this out for the life of me. So far all I've found is this:

http:// forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/Odd-Xi-Fi-installation-Error-in-Windows-7/m-p/537295

And I tried what he said he did and it still doesnt work for me. Anyone have any advice / answers?
    Last edited by Colin-XCL-; 11-22-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Re: Windows 7 won't install any Audigy 2 ZS driversk

So, just to update everyone on my situation. I think my issue was caused by the migration tool, Windows Easy Transfer.

I formatted the partition the partition that Windows 7 was installed on, and did a fresh reinstall. Upon first boot of the new reinstall, the audio drivers were still not installed. I then immediately tried to "update drivers" via device manager and Windows installed the latest beta drivers from October , 2009 with no errors.

Is there any reason why the install won't install the drivers on its own? Did it not ship with Audigy 2 ZS drivers?
    Last edited by Colin-XCL-; 11-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.