Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZEN VISION M SERIES MEDIA EXPLORER NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 7

Zen vision m series media explorer not working on windows 7m

Recently installed the much hyped windows 7. Installed my zen vision m. Everything is ok except media explorer is not working from the shortcut on the desktop or i can't find the exe in the creative folder file to get it started. All i get is "this filse does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.please install a program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the default programs control panel "

i can access the music & picture files as a hard drive folder.

Anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Re: ZEN VISION M SERIES MEDIA EXPLORER NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 7?

Hello Bullseye50,

As of current, there's no win 7 compatible media explorer app but you can always use the normal windows explorer to add/delete music/picture/video files on your player.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:10 PM.

I'm having the same problem as the poster, except I am unable to use regular windows explorer. Windows 7 is not recogniziing my player. It charges the battery but it does not open a device under "my computer" that I can explorer. I've installed all software that came with my Vision M (explorer, mediasource, etc.) but nothing identifies a connected player. Please help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ZEN VISION M SERIES MEDIA EXPLORER NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 7A

Something you could try with Win 7, might help...
    Open the SEARCH box and type "troubleshoot". When the menu comes up, select "hardware and sound", and the system will check to see if all your devices are working, or tell you if not, and why not.
    Might be worth a try...

Re: ZEN VISION M SERIES MEDIA EXPLORER NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 7v

In addition to what Trollheart2006 posted, check if the device manager detects your player when you plug it in.

I've managed to to get my Zen recognized with 7 with no problems through Windows Media Explorer but I have no idea how to use it to manage my playlists; it's one thing to be able to add/delete music but I'd really like to be able to manage my playlists too. Anyone know how how to do this with WME because my laptop w/7 on it is the conly omputer that I have that recognizes my Zen and allows me to transfer music to it.

Trusted Contributor

You can't use Windows Explorer to manage your playlists: that's what a media management prog does. Explorer is really nothing more than a file manager, so you'll need something else, if by "manage" I assuume you mean add to/change/update/delete etc?

Window Media Player is built in to Win 7, so you could use that, or else Media Monkey or Jri'ver's Media Jukebox 2 will both recognise and transfer content to and from a Zen (I know: I have a ZVM and an X-Fi and it works with both), though MC2 will only see the players as "port hub 002" or something, but you can rename them.

Both progs are free.

TH

I use Media Player but I haven't figured out how to manage playlists on it yet, but thanks for the heads up on Media Monkey & Media Jukebox, I'll have to give those a try.

Re: ZEN VISION M SERIES MEDIA EXPLORER NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 7s

My experience has been that the original software that came on CD with the Visionn M is not compatible with my new 64 bit Windows 7 OS but that the updated version availabloe for free download on the support site does work just fine. My remaining frustration (which appears unresolvable) is that unlike the original, the "new and improved" media explorer from the website?will only rip to WMA format and does not offer the MP3 option that was the core of the original program. I think this is incomprehensible and reprehensible for a device that is sold as an "MP3 player". I did not intentionally?buy an expensi've "WMA player" but thanks to Creative, I guess I ended up with one. I have bought literally a dozen Creative media players over the years for friends and family but this makes me so angry that I will never buy another.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Uber Guru

You can rip files in MP3 format with Windows Media Player. In fact you can use WMP to manage your player add files ect.