Thread: Driver for Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) Windows 7

Driver for Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) Windows 7

As subject says, I need a driver for my webcam Driver for Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) for windows 7, I have tried the vista driver, it doesent work.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-18-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Driver for Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) Windows 7

Hello Gubbe,

Welcome to Creative forums!

Please refer to this windows 7 driver availability chart. Sorry but as of current, there is no Windows 7 driver for your cam yet.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-18-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Download the 98/2000/ME driver. It works just fine on my Win7 system. If it hangs after installing, use Task Manager to end the process.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-18-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Hi cmeide,

Please can you provide me the link for 98/2000/ME driver. I have creative vf0220 web cam and trying to install the drivers for windows 7(32 bit)...Please help me..... Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Ok, I tried to post an inserted link and the adress itself but it seems this forum will not allow me to link to Creative's own support site. Seems as difficult as finding their drivers.

This is the link without the http at the beginning. Add http after you copy and paste.

://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=218&subCatID=219&prodID= 15360&prodName=Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220)&subCatName=Live! Cam/WebCam Series&CatName=Web+Cameras&VARSET=prodfaqRODFAQ_15360,VARSET=CategoryID:218

Hope this helps

PS: It DOES work with that silly smiley in there

How to install Vista drivers for Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) on Windows 7.

When you try to Install this drivers ( Creative Live! Cam Video IM (VF0220) Driver v1.03.02 ) you get the message: 'This installation only supports Microsoft Windows Vista. Installation will now exit.'

You have to unpack the installation file to avoid this error and install the driver on Windows 7.
    1. You have to unpack the file LCVM_PCDRV_US_1_03_02.exe with WinRAR or 7zip. You'll get the new file named LCVM_PCDRV_US_1_03_02.exe in 'LCVM_PCDRV_US_1_03_02' subfolder.
    2. Then you have to find 'Unversal Extractor'. After you install Universal Extractor in your Windows 7, you have to right click at this second LCVM_PCDRV_US_1_03_02.exe file and choose 'UniExtract to Subdir' option and then 'E_Wise Unpacker'
    3. After this procedure you'll find the too folders in subdir LCVM_PCDRV_US_1_03_02: MAINDIR and TEMP. You have to go to the MAINDIR and double click the CtDrvStp.exe file.

That's all, folks!

VF0220 user

Thanks simulacrum, it helped me with a VF0260 web cam too.
    Shame that creative won't just repackage this driver so it installs for Win7

I found a easy solution, downloaded the latest driver on Creative lab, right click the .exe file and choose something like (resolve compability problem) i click, chose the second option and choose install from Windows Vista version, and great, it's working after asking me to restart computer, this was easy.

I HAVE SOLUTIONS !!!
    i have webcam vista plus vf0090 and windows 7 - MY CAMERA WORK to windows 7 and send email whit motion detection !!!!!
    what are you do to work your webcam !!!change capabiliti for windows 7 .......run fail as administrator........wait to instalation proces. close instalation proces and instal web cam center for creative web cam ....... i love my camera and dont like to bye other cameras

at the end i instal this webcam center whit capabiliti for windows 7

Creative Live! Cam Center 2.02.05
    Filesize : 31.89 MB

Release date : 13 Jul 07

and make setting to motions detections that

server to yahoo.com is - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    username is your ID whitout @yahoo.com
    password your password

if you dont know what is your SMTP server please check this sait

http://www.freepops.org/en/smtplist.php

have a nice day gays !!! ))