Thread: SB Live! (DELL OEM) driver for Windows 7

(SB Live! (DELL OEM) driver for Windows 7?

I've just installed Win7 on my Dell Dimension 4600 which has an on-board Creative SB Li've! (Dell OEM) device.

Everything has installed ok but I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve the Windows 7?driver requirements for this device. The DELL Resource CD doesn't seem to provide the drivers and the supplied and the original Sound Blaster Li've! CD that came with ther system doesn't find the device.

I've looked all over the place for a windows 7 driver for this device but without success.

Failing this, I was thinking of purchasing a Creative Sound Blaster 5. VX PCI card but would like to know if this device is Windows 7 compatible.

Steve

Whiz Kid

Re: SB Live! (DELL OEM) driver for Windows 7?

,Hi Cssaus,

?

OEM sound cards are often customized for PC manufacturer who ships or installs them (in this case Dell), therefore the PC manufacturer should be the primary contact for support and warranty issues. The drivers on found on the <a rel="nofollow" href="http://support.creative.com/welcome.aspx]support site[/url] are intended for use with retail cards.

Super Guru

, In all sincerity, the SB Li've is simply too old of a card to install for Windows 7. The card would only have basic functions anyway. You should check on Ebay for an X-FI of some sort and I truly believe you would get 3 to 4 years out of that card or the life of Windows 7.

Any money you spent on that card has long come back to you as old as that card is. You can buy an X-FI from $30 to $50 on ebay, and I have done it for MANY friends and family.

This is what I was afraid of.

Looks like I'll get a ?Creative Sound Blaster 5. VX PCI card but would like to know if this device is Windows 7 compatible.

Stephen

Super Guru

, The sound blaster 5. is still going to be very old. For what you will pay for it, it will be a waste of time and money. Try for the X-FI. Ebay has tons of those.

The X-FI extreme music is great. I love the extreme gamer and these can all be had second hand. Creative has new Windows 7 drivers for them, so I foresee no problems as compared to the 5. VX. That card is really really old.

?

Whiz Kid

There is Windows 7 drivers for the Sound Blaster 5. VX.