Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bit

zen micro driver for windows 7 64bit?

hello... I have creative zen micro mp3 and after I installed windows 7 64bit I cant get driver for it even thought I did a lot of searching on the website plz can any help me so I can transfer data on windows 7 64bit plz

Uber Guru

Re: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bit2

What firmware version is on the player?

Re: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bit?

I dont know since I never update it and I have it like 4 years ago which should I installe and do I need to installe zen driver on windows xp to be able to upgrade my frimwere ? thx in advance

Uber Guru

Re: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bitk

turn on the player go to system>information it will display the firmware version number there.

i have the same problem with my
    Creative Zen Touch
    Firm ware version .0.03

cant find 64bit win7 drivers

I have the same problem. From what I'm reading, it looks like you HAVE to have WindowsXP... is that true?

My firmware is version 2.20.05
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Uber Guru

goofyunc wrote:
    I have the same problem. From what I'm reading, it looks like you HAVE to have WindowsXP... is that true?

My firmware is version 2.20.05
    Needing to have XP applies to reloading the firmware. Depending on the firmware the poster has will tell me how to best help them. As for your player is it a Zen Micro?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Re: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bitf

Yes, it is a Zen Micro with version 2.20.05. I am wanting to manage the tracks as well as move them onto iTunes on my new computer (which has Windows 7). However, when it is plugged into the USB, it is as if the computer doesn't even recognize that it is plugged in even though it shows as charging on the player. Is there a solution to this?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Uber Guru

Re: zen micro driver for windows 7 64bitM

goofyunc wrote:
    Yes, it is a Zen Micro with version 2.20.05. I am wanting to manage the tracks as well as move them onto iTunes on my new computer (which has Windows 7). However, when it is plugged into the USB, it is as if the computer doesn't even recognize that it is plugged in even though it shows as charging on the player. Is there a solution to this?
    Have you done & Cleanup>Reboot on your player? Use Rear USB ports no hubs,try another USB cord. What software have you installed if any?

I tried various USB ports on the computer. I have not installed any software... I searched online but couldn't find anything for Windows7, which is where I got stuck. I have had the micro for a long time...if I had a cd with it, I don't know where it is. I don't remember ever needing to install any software because the computer always just ran the plays-for-sure software (I think that's what it was called) when the player was plugged in.

I don't know what "cleanup>reboot" is... will I lose my songs? I don't have them all backed up...at least not in one place that would be easy to reload.