Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275

9HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275?

I am trying to connect through my vid card to get audio on my 32" monitor. I have seen the other forums about connecting through the 0 pin setup, but my card has a 3 pin HDMI connection on the card. My Vid card only has a 2 pin connection. I have looked all over and cannot seem to find which of those 3 pins is the SPDIF Out and which is the ground. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Super Guru

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275S

Well according to the EVGA website they show a 3 pin also, but your SPDIF and ground are going to be next to each other, and according to them your spdif will have an arrow on the card's connector to point to pin and next to that will be the ground......

Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Super Guru

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275*

and this picture will show you the two pins on your audio card. If you have a three pin cable, you can either squeeze two of the three or order a two pin spdif online. amazon carries a bucket load of those......

Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275

Thank you for the quick reply. I have this. And if you will notice right next to the front panel 2 pin arrangment, there is a white housing that covers the 3 pin HDMI arrangment. It is directly on the rear and center of the card and on the card itself it says HDMI, but it does not say which pin is SPDIF O or which one is ground. That is what I have been struggling with for days. Thanks again! Oh and if the pic doesn't show, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI....em=36020400956
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275 (solved)

Ok... This situation was driving me completely mad and I went ahead and made an educated guess. The SPDIF O is on the center pin and if you were looking directly at the pins from the rear, the ground is to the right of SPDIF O. My system is all running and I didn't even have to change any setup from within Windows. I just turn up the volume on my monitor and it plays. I think I have a foreign card or something because I bought it off Ebay and I had a helluva time finding any good info on it. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Super Guru

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275 (solved)?

Well I am as thrilled as possible. good job and thanks for posting the info. Could you post a quick picture of the cable connected to your card for others to see? Maybe we can get Kok-Choy to sticky it.......

?

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275 (solved)[

Well I don't have a way to post one of my pics on here, so the only way is to explain with ASCII. The rear of the card will have 3 pins ...........SPDIF O is on pin 2 and the ground is on pin. Sorry for the weak explanation but it's the best I could come up with. Should get a laugh though.

Rear of card

2 3

I-----------------I I I-------------I

I I

I I

I I

I I

I I

I I

I I == <--------PCI-Ex

I I ==

I I ==

I---O---O---O---O---O---------I

^ ^ ^

Front of card with all the jacks like line in, line out, surround, etc.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Super Guru

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275 (solved)i

No that is a great way to do it I think. Glad to hear it is working so well for you.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275M

I wish i had this setup from my X-Fi to my 280GTX, and after physically inpecting it the only way to make this happen is to break the plastic upper piece which exposes the SPDIF output from the X-Fi to my 280GTX input via HDMI out to amp.
    As it stands now, my current setup is X-FI connected via optical cable to amp.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Re: HDMI connection through PCI-E Titanium and Nvidia GTX 275C

Ive got this problem with my system atm. Im using the opitacl output atm.
    I have the XFI Titanium Fatality which means i have a front 5" dri've. Will i still be able to connect this cable to my sound card if i have this dri've connected. The interconnecting cables look like they go into the position shown.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.