Thread: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?

How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?

Zen X-Fi 32GB
    Software version .04.08, recently installed
    Running Win XP SP3

I need clarification on the proper procedure to sync playlists. I had several playlists on the player that got duplicated. For example Jazz was duplicated during sync as Jazz() and Jazz(2). Rather than edit the playlists I deleted all of them using the delete key on the player. I then tried to transfer current versions of the playlists from Creative Centrale via the Sync Manager. None of the current versions of the playlists will transfer to the player.

I've performed player cleanup per instructions at: http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=208/page/3
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?

After much effort and frustration I've figured out to "transfer" playlists from Creative Centrale to the Zen X-Fi. The problem was that I thought playlists would sync on "automatic sync." Wrong.

Instead, one has to transfer playlists from Creative Centrale manually, apparently one at a time, using the procedure at: http://203.2.42.97:80/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe/st=273,e=000000000087002422,k=9677,sxi=0,varset=ws :http://uk.europe.creative.com,case=52954

(copy and paste this convoluted link)

I find it very unintuiti've that playlists don't transfer with automatic sync (or even manual sync), especially since the sync manager displays "playlist" as a file category in the file comparison dialogue box.

I hope this and my previous post save someone experiencing this problem hours of frustration that I've endured with this issue.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Contributor

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?V

hi i just can not get this link to work,any one had any luck with it .thanks

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?j

This is an update on finding the web page with instructions on playlist transfers.

Go to
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/

Select Support|Technical Service|MP3 Players|Zen X-Fi|Knowledge Based Solutions (right side of page under Quick Links)|Type "SID804" (without quotes)

It should send you to a page with the following Help Document :
    Creating, Editing, Deleting and Transferring Playlist from Creative Centrale

Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi??

Let me lend a hand. Here's the direct link.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see how it would work for playlists you already have.

This guide shows how to create a new one, and then transfer it.

How to transfer the playlists that you already have on your harddri've? How can you get them into this list in Centrale?

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?O

Hi...

I am not gadget-savvy, which can be very frustrating, but it's just not something I spend a lot of time at. I have the original X-Fi and an Archos 5 IT.

I don't sync often, and each time I forget how I did it... haven't synced the Archos yet BUT I have synced the X-Fi
    I don't recall what does it though
    The best part is that the query comes up whether I want to re-add things which I have previously deleted. I think that is a great setting because there are things I just don't need on my portable but I like to keep on the library, and it allows for that, adds the new stuff, and I'm done.

It's just for music. Not videos. I haven't figured out videos yet. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I want to use it again!

best,

Lizzei

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi??

PS I think I found it.... the Creative Sync Manager. I've only tried like four other ways so far this morning. Doesn't anyone else use this?

Re: How to sync playlist in Zen X-Fi?@

Bertwin wrote:
    I don't see how it would work for playlists you already have.

This guide shows how to create a new one, and then transfer it.

How to transfer the playlists that you already have on your harddri've? How can you get them into this list in Centrale?
    The playlist must be in Creative Zen. If not, create a new playlist in Creative Zen. Transfer content to it from hard dri've or other sources. Then follow directions above to move playlist to the player.

Here's a new link to the instructions on how to sync playlists. Folks, it hasn't gotten any less confusing. If it doesn't work check your procedures. Do it exactly as written.

http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...e.creative.com