Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?

Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ??

Hey there.

I've got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit OS and now i can't seem to connect my Creative MP3 player with it. It's a pretty old Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra (40 GB) device. I've tried to connect both via Windows explorer and trying to locate correct drivers or a version of Media Organizer which i previously used for managing the tracks.

None of these seem to work out and the PC don't seem to recognise the device when connecting it..

Anybody who can help me along? i truly hope there's some way i can connect my player and continue using it with my new PC..

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Uber Guru

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?N

I used this method to install an older player on my Vista computer. Works for Win7 too. http://mrinternet.wordpress.com/2007/03/0/creative-zen-nx-and-vista-working-together-finally
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 10:07 AM.

ve and microsoft Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ??

Creative and microsoft are not compatible - creative technical service is invisable - i have had more trouble with expensi've creative devices that dont work when you get a new operating system

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?

I am certainly not a techie (far, far from it) but I was somehow able to get my NJZX connected to my Windows 7 64 bit PC. First, I downloaded and ran Driver file 2.0.00. The file is at the Zen Xtra downloads page. After I did this, a message popped up telling me to connect my Zen. I hooked it up, opened Windows Media Player, and it showed I was connected. The display on the Zen showed that it was recognized, but I then got a message at media player stating that the drivers were incompatible (something like that, I don't remember the exact words). I then proceeded to install the software from my Zen installation disk. It took forever, a good 0-5 minutes, but it eventually ended and I got a message stating that I had to restart my computer. I did so and then connected my Zen and opened Mediasource. It showed my complete library. I clicked on the import tab and I was able to connect to the files on my computer hard dri've, although I didn't transfer any, but everything looked the same as it did on my old XP machine. I'm not sure how this worked, and it seemed far too easy, but I don't/won't really care as long as it continues to work. I hope this works for you.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 09:46 AM.

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?]

I tried something like this but it didn't work for me. Very discouraging.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 09:46 AM.

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?$

I went to that website several days ago, and followed it to the best of my ability, but you honestly have to be a geek (with all due respect) to understand all that. I just want my Jukebox 40gb to work. I wish I knew what the hell they were all talking about...but thanks anyway.

Uber Guru

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ??

It's not that hard. You right-click on the file before you install it & choose properties>compatibilty>choose XP & the run the file.

Trusted Contributor

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?

Win7 recognises my zen,so does creative source media player.

The only problem I have now is that I cannot sync with creative source media player.
    It shows up in the player but will not sync "There is no player connected"

I have palysforsure installed but the only problem I have is with the software that was designed for the product!!!!!!!

How to get them to 'sync'?

Uber Guru

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ?3

What firmware version is on the Zen player?
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Trusted Contributor

*Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra for Windows 7 ??

Hi

I also get the 'creative media device detected' popup.

I tried to also install ZENZ_PCAPP_LB__40_03_MTP but that also says device not detected.