Thread: Windows 7 and Zen Touch

Contributor

Windows 7 and Zen Touch?

Hey guys, i have a really old mp3 player (Zen Touch) and i have a ton of music on it, i know there are no drivers for windows 7 and such but i tried installing anyway and it seems that the drivers are working and the device is recognized under the devices section, but mediasource doesnt pick up the device. Is there any way at all i could work around this to get the music onto my computer?
    Cheers

Uber Guru

Re: Windows 7 and Zen Touch?

mio wrote:
    Hey guys, i have a really old mp3 player (Zen Touch) and i have a ton of music on it, i know there are no drivers for windows 7 and such but i tried installing anyway and it seems that the drivers are working and the device is recognized under the devices section, but mediasource doesnt pick up the device. Is there any way at all i could work around this to get the music onto my computer

Cheers
    You say the drivers are working what driver did you install? If you installed MediaSource which one & did you install the right? Jukebox plug-in?
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-27-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Contributor

Hey, found the problem was the jukebox plugin, now i can access my mp3 player from my computer.
    Now i've encountered a new problem though, i have transferred about 2gig from my mp3 to my pc, and now whenever i try to move anymore tracks, i get an error saying "There is not enough disk space at the destination for this transfer" when my computer has 900gig space available.

Hi, what drivers did you use? can you send me them please.

I have just upgraded my pc & my Zen touch has stopped working, or should I say windows doesn't recognise it!

Many Thanks,

Conor.

Contributor

Re: Windows 7 and Zen Toucho

yea i just went to the main software section for the zen touch on the creative website and downloaded the drivers for windows xp/vista and i tried installing them and it worked. at one point i think it said it was updating the the drivers but after that everything seemed ok. so i reckon u should just try your old software cause it worked for me