Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (OUTDATED) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.

Use it at your own risk.

Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on the P7X audio controller):

- Audigy Value
    - Audigy SE
    - Audigy LS
    - Audigy 2 LS
    - Li've! 24-bit
    - SB 5. VX
    - X-Fi Xtreme Audio (PCI only)

Operating systems supported: 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3

Included in the pack:

- Drivers for Windows 7 / Vista v5.2..2020 & Windows XP v5.2.0.622 (*)
    - ALchemy .4.02 (Windows 7 / Vista only)
    - Audio Console 3.00.46
    - Console Launcher 2.6.43
    - Host OpenAL .02.0 (Windows 7 / Vista only)
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.2.02 (Windows XP only)
    - Volume Panel 2.2.3

Does this driver improve sound quality or performance Are there any tweaks

No, this driver does not improve sound quality nor increase performance.

No, there are no tweaks.

If someone states that its driver improves sound quality and performance, you are being fooled, cheated.

It is even worse that the so called tweaks come from a person who is not EVEN technically acknowledged, does NOT know anything about Windows internals, software engineering and sound fidelity that all audiophiles always look for.

If you "feel" the sound better, that is the infamous placebo effect and there is no real proof that any tweaks work.

In fact, I have yet to see a driver that states in its release notes that it improves sound quality.

I've disassembled about every single .SYS driver, .DLL libraries and .EXE executables and found nothing.

There are some undocumented registry values, but nothing related to sound quality or performance.

Would the so called tweaks even exist, they would be in my Support Packs, you can bet that.

Fixes and improvements:

- Fixes Creative SoundFont Synthesizer mute issue on Windows XP/Server2003
    - Fixes CrystalizerUnlocker not detecting proper software installed on 32-bit edition of Windows 7 / Vista
    - Driver based on WHQL release from WindowsUpdate (with Headphone mode/Bass Redirection fixes by me)
    - Fix Console Launcher memory leak and slow loading when running under Windows 7 / Vista
    - Updates many shared components for improved compatibility and performance.
    - Updates OpenAL redistributable to 2..0.0
    - Fixes the Headphone mode reseting to Speakers mode on reboot (all cards. including the X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
    - Console Launcher is now installed for all cards on all OSes, so Audio Center is removed
    - Updates OpenAL redistributable to 2.0.7.0
    - Fixes broken uninstaller on all OSes,
    - Added Volume Panel by demand.
    - Replaces Audio Console to fix multilanguage install.
    - Changes setup routine and uses updated scripts.
    - Changes application installation to silent mode.
    - Enables language selection dialog
    - Updates 3D engine filter driver for Windows XP.
    - Fixes some issues with device features.
    - Improves EAX performance on XP.
    - Improves OpenAL compatibility.
    - Updates Creative Software Synthesizer (XP only).
    - Fixes CMSS not working on Windows 7 for AudigySE/ Value/LS / Li've24bit / SB5.VX, now everything works.

Release Notes:

Windows Security warning during driver installation

When prompted with: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", choose "Install this driver software anyway".

X-FI Crystalizer is available only for X-Fi Xtreme Audio on Windows 7 / Vista

Crystalizer is not available for Audigy Value/SE/LS, Li've! 24-bit and SB 5. VX on Windows 7 / Vista.

Configuring CMSS on Windows 7 / Vista

For all supported cards, except the X-Fi Xtreme Audio, Audio Console should be used to configure CMSS, which is not available in Console Launcher.

Download:

Filename: P7X_SupportPack_2_7.exe
    File size: 60.3 MB
    CRC32 hash: 33E0DFB
    SHA- hash: 3E35D204F7FDBEEF03675BC8A699CEA4D75EB2

To verify the file hashes, I recommend HashTab.

This updated version includes a fix for Windows XP / Server 2003 ONLY.

If you are running Windows 7/Vista with Support Pack 2.6 already installed, you DO NOT need to install this.

Mirrors: Newer Pack Available Here

All files are property of Creative Technology Ltd, except otherwise noted.
    Last edited by daniel_k; 10-27-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.

Known issues on Windows 7/Vistathat only Creative can fix, so don't bother asking me to fix them:

- WhatUHear is not available on Windows 7 / Vista and I couldn't unlock it, only Creative could do it, but they don't want to.

- Distortion when Bass Boost and CMSS (CMSS3D or Stereo Surround) are enabled at same time in 4/4. Speakers mode.

Got a Windows Vista driver to work perfectly, but sadly it doesn't work on Windows 7.
    The laster versions of the APO DLL are broken and I cannot fix it simply because I don't have the sourcecode.

- CMSS3D does not work in Headphone mode when Sample rate is set to 96000 Hz

This sample rate?was NOT implemented in the Creative APO. All other effects work.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-04-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.?

Hi Daniel

PLz believe me,

i won't complaint if there is no problem, i will try to solve it myself if if i can, this is the problem beyond , Daniel i should tell all support pack 1.6 to 2.6 has these sound issues, It's not me having the same problem ,otherusers having too, check out Support pack 2.0 Threads, I know ur doing the best, But these issues is werivers has no problems... I think this is the problem with games too NFS Most wanted is Really Muffled u should check that Daniel, if u don't have game, any testers having it plz check it, See the difference b/w Cird, I used different media player same problem, eg: I'm Playing Some songs on foobar and at the same time u open a folder ,when opening a folder there is some Sounds u know, that sounds go Muffled that's the sound's from windows, it's affecting It's a problem only in XP Windows 7 DREATIVE default drivers and Urs... Ur driver's are Very Good in Every aspects Except these problems and the wave problems, it will be hundred percent distorted if go the wave to full ,i have checked with my Headphones ,i can hear it distorts,only way is to down the wave at 50% Daniel i think u got and the EQ settings are Default presets [NEWAGE]... Daniel i'm using ur pack since it was came out ..... See ur first support pack my reply is there.... Keep up the good work... Daniel Plz Update ur " blog"..>>>> Didn't test Support pack 2.7..... i should
    Last edited by Kok-Choy; 03-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.

d This does not support Sound Blaster Audigy SB0570, I've been trying your support packs for Windows 7 Ultimate x32. I've tried packs 2.0/2.6/2.7 but none of them work for my sound card. If you may, please add this sound card to the pack, please and thank you.

Duy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.N

WhAT IS ur Harware ID.... Pzl Post it.... May be ur Card is OEM.....

The hardware IDs are :
    PCI\VEN_02&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_00A02&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_02&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_00A02
    PCI\VEN_02&DEV_0007&CC_04000
    PCI\VEN_02&DEV_0007&CC_040

I don't know if the card is OEM. All I know is I went to a computer store, and bought the card. It came with a CD but it's been some time, so it does not support Windows 7. So if anyone can help me get sound in my computer, I'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance, Duy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5

It's 100% Audigy Se/Value Card , I don't know why the drivers are not accepting it... May be it's OEM.... I think Daniel will reply this, if he is seeing....

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5

Thanks for the info, I just hope Daniel sees this.

Trusted Contributor

Regular Contributor

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.s

@ Vinay2007 2.7 pack resolved your issue? I am very curious, because i want to instal windows XP. Thanks!