Hi, I am having a problem with my 6gb Creative Zen (60% of memory used). It will? not turn on. When I do manage to get it turned on, it will randomly shut down then stay off for days until I can get it to come on again. It will typically play anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before shutting off.

Things that I have done which have made no difference:

• Downloaded the MP3 Recovery Tool. I have downloaded a fresh copy each time and tried this 4x over a one week period. FWIW, I am running a computer using Windows 7 - 64 bit, but have not had any problems with the O/S and player. When the player does turn on, the computer recognizes it every time.

<
  • Hit the reset button multiple times over one week. The normal rebuilding database message does not appear. 95% of the time the player does nothing after hitting the reset button.

<
  • Rebooted. No change after rebooting.

<
  • Charged by cord and computer. The battery icon shows a full green bar after charging with the power cord. Charging by computer shows the battery at 36%, even after being leashed for 6-hours with the docked message on.<
I have read through a lot of threads and the FAQ, but I have not seen anyone with this problem. If I missed a thread that addresses this, please feel free to direct me to it.

The player is backed up, so I'm open to any advice you have. Thank you.

ETA:
Since posting this, I managed to get the player to turn on again. I have:

-used the clean up;
-formated all;
-reloaded the firmware; and
-rebooted.

None of this has helped. The only change is to #4 above. The battery now shows 00% charged on my computer.