Thread: Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank manager

1Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank managerI

Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank managerI Dear Friends,
    I URGENTLY need to buy a creative usb or pc express soundcard. I just need to use the soundfont bank manager without any problem. I've asked and search almost everywhere but still don't know if x fi surround 5. usb soundcard supports the soundfont bank manager. tryed the x fi surround in a computer shop with os vista 32 bit but the soundfont bank manager gives an error (can not initialize) when i start the soundfont bank manager.then i boot and load xp professional 64 bit edition again the soundfont bank manager gave the same error.(Note: i have the 3 gb of ram. pent um duo core proccessor there s no problem with the notebook)

1Can i use the soundfont bank manager with x fi surround 5. usb

2. If yes which o.s and which version i must use (like sp sp2 sp3 etc.)

3. which version of the soundfont bank manager i must download and from where

4.do i have to cancel my onboard sound card from bios set up

i need urgent assistance Thanks best regards to all...
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Re: Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank managerh

Running ?x fi surround 5. usb on windows 7. There is no option of soundblaster soundfonts at all, just Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, no other option.

And the soundfont manager is missing from the installation CD and from the Creative update .
    Using the latest drivers.

Can we please have a response to this problem?

Re: Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank managere

Got a reply from Creative support.

"Furthermore,please note that Soundfont Bank Manager is unavailable for X-Fi Surround 5. on? windows 7 - 64 bits."

It didn't work in Vista 32 bit either as I used on my old laptop. I'm running windows 7 - 64 bit on my new laptop. So I guess, I just bought a piece of outdated hardware even if it is external USB device. But of course it works fine as a external soundcard, but not for playing or modifying midi files.

It's said if they don't support windows 7 - 64 bit, just old windows XP, regarding midi support.

Re: Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank manager?

Regarding your onboard audio, you MUST disable it in the bios. As well as completely uninstalling any and all software and drivers that go along with it.

Trusted Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

Re: Soundblaster X Fi Surround Soundfont bank manager?

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMc******* View Post
    Regarding your onboard audio, you MUST disable it in the bios. As well as completely uninstalling any and all software and drivers that go along with it.
    rubbish.