Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

/?Hello everyone... I have just purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy SE card from the Creative online store as a replacement for my on-board motherboard sound. My motherboard is an ASUS P4PE with Revision 007 BIOS. I am now running Windows 7 Pro on this PC, and all is running fine. What I have noticed is that the sound on the PC is a lot lower than what it should be, and I think that this is down to the fact that the drivers that I am using are not Windows 7 ones, but the ones from Windows XP. Is this correct? I don't think that Windows 7 will or have been made. The on-board sound is SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio. I would now like to know if I have made the correct choice in purchasing the Audigy SE card or not? If the card is compatible with Windows, then please provide me with any hyperlinks to the correct drivers for that card? If there is anything else that I need to know regarding running this card under Windows 7, then please also let me know. Many thanks/regards, happy37

Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility<

Hi

happy37

Yea Sound Blaster Audigy Se better tan SoundMax Integrated , AudigY SE has Better SNR Ratio, EAX 4.0 with Software , but u should be used with Daniel K Modded Drivers, P7 Support Pack 2.7 Current Build and Enjoy..... Search Creative Forums...........

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility?

Hi sam202

Thanks for your reply - is this the pack that you're talking about on this webpage:-

http://tinyurl.com/33o7gle

If I use this driver pack, then this card should work fine in Windows 7? What about the "WhatUHear"/Stereo Mix feature? I want to be able to record any sound the computer makes.

Will or does this work under Windows 7 with the Audigy SE card or not?

If yes, then how do I get it to work?

Please let me know.

Thanks again.

Regards

Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

Hi happy37....

That's the one install it, but unfortunately stereomix/What u hear is not available in Windows 7, CREATIVE disabled that in their drivers,Daniel said that Creative can only fix it, other tan that all other functions work wel.... Go head.......

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility}

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility}Hi sam202

Many thanks once again for your prompt reply.

I will give the Daniel_K drivers a go as I have now downloaded these and saved them to my hard dri've.

Won't "WhatUHear"/"Stereo Mix" work in Windows 7 using the Daniel_K drivers, as they aren't "strictly" Creative drivers?

I might be wrong on this point, but in this article, it says that you can enable "WhatUHear"/"Stereo Mix" in Vista?

I think that this process might be the same in Windows 7?

Any thoughts? Here's the link:-

http://tinyurl.com/2tybev

Look forward to your response.

Reghards

happy37
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-04-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibilityp

happy37...

Try Daniel k drivers , Daniel modd Creative drivers, so it's Creative ones.. dont worry go head and try tat pack , it's solid stable no prblms, it has latest drivers even Creative doesnot publish on their website, and What u hear , it hink it works with ur link, but not proper way ,,,,,, Only Creative or Daniel can fix that .........

Hi sam202

Thanks for your reply.

Once I receive the card, I will install it as well the Daniel_K drivers.

I will report back and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Rgds

happy37

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility!

sam202

Good evening - I should have asked you before, but does the "WhatUHear"/Stereo Mix option work in Windows 7 when the Daniel_K drivers pack is installed or not?

Please advise - many thanks.

Regards

happy37

?All,

I also forgot to add that if this idea does NOT work, then could you please advise of an alternati've Creative soundcard (USB maybe?) or otherwise that does or will have the Stereo Mix/WhatUHear option "out of the box" without having to fiddle/play around with all of these other options.

Is there any Creative soundcard out there that anyone has got to work "as is" with Windows 7 and the Stereo Mix/WhatUHear options are available?

An weblinks to these soundacrds would be gratefully appreciated.

If all else fails after I try to install the Audigy SE card with the Daniel_K drivers pack tomorrow, I think that a return back to Windows XP Pro will be on the cards for me (for now...) unless someone can convince me not to go back down that route.

I look forward to all responses - thanks in advance.

Regards

happy37

Contributor

happy37

CUrrently stereo mix or what u hear is unavailable, only creative can fix that, may be next driver[ dont know when hope] will enable that, Current DK drivers does not enable tat function.... OR i f u want a more buy Xfi Xtrmegamer or Xfi champ series card which has all these optons.....