Thread: how can I make my videos smaller so I can attach them to an email message?

Jhow can I make my videos smaller so I can attach them to an email message?U

The minute files are so huge they are too big to attach..any help? thanks!

Whiz Kid

Re: how can I make my videos smaller so I can attach them to an email message??

Jenroggia,

You can zip the files to reduce the file size. There are several applications that do this, google for 'zip'.

Thanks for the reply. But is there no way to change the size on the Vado HD itself? I can't even upload them to photobucket or any of the other sites they recommend. Took hour to upload a minute video yesterday. Thanks!

Whiz Kid

You can change the video quality to VGA, it gives you a smaller video size at the expense of a lower video quality. The uploading shouldn't take so long, try uploading a different video clip does it make a difference?

Trusted Contributor

Jeez KokChoy....you are the official support person and I would expect an admin for tech to know that videos are already compressed by the codecs. Zipping a video file will give you almost zero results.

Whiz Kid

Re: how can I make my videos smaller so I can attach them to an email message?"

Sorry, I am not tech support as I mentioned many times before. I am just helping the folks here out of good-will. Please read the disclaimer.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 10:13 AM.